Nhandu local & natural history

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
I am looking for the natural history on the N. chromatus & N. coloratovillosus. I am doing a project for someone and they want every detail including what native plants are in the area, seasonal weather changes, where they are actually found in nature & habitat. I keep both species but keep them real basic. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Bill

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't vouch for specifics,regarding the seasonal variations of these species,but I can name quite a few plants that are distributed throughout South America,where both species originate from.I am under the impression they live in a fairly stable,warm,moist climate.As for plants,Anthuriums,bromeliads,philodendron,and pepperomia are all wide spread throughout South America and are not found naturally on any other continents.Others that would require you check the species,b/c other members of these plants are found world wide include: ferns,orchids,selaginellas,and mosses.If you are designing a regionally authentic enclosure for them, www.andysorchids.com has orchids listed by country of orchid, www.glasshouseworks.com has a good selection of stuff,but ships sporadically, www.blackjungle.cm and www.tropiflora.com are also pretty helpful for finding suitable plants and can help you figure out what will grow best in your situation.

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, that gives me something to go on. It's a display at a junior collage near me and they are setting up different habitats from around the world which will also have reptiles in other exhibits.

Bill

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Thanks, that gives me something to go on. It's a display at a junior collage near me and they are setting up different habitats from around the world which will also have reptiles in other exhibits.

Bill
That sounds like a really cool project.

Oooooo, since AB was so helpful, you'll have to post pics in return!!;)

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a good deal of experience with designing biotopes,if you need further help,please PM me:) .