Feeding G. Rosea

BrassMonkey

Arachnopeon
I got her last week, fairly skinny, but a good size. My G. Rosea has devoured about 7 medium crickets, and i'm wondering if I should stop feeding her. Will she leave the crickets alone when shes not hungry? I havent seen any carcarses laying around, so i'm assuming she has eaten them. Although, she does attack anything that enters the tank, could she just be killing it and hiding it? Hmm...

Thanks guys!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi there-
Roseas will indeed eat what you feed them. They don't kill unless they intend to eat it and T's don't store or eat food that is dead. The care sheet says 2 to 3 crickets a week so you have probably given your Rosea plenty for a couple of weeks.

I have a G rosea and she is so much fun to watch catching and eating that it is tempting to overfeed her. I like to keep her healthy though so i stick to the recommendations of good care.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, go ahead and stop feeding her. Even if she's skinny, she won't starve on two crickets a week and will plump up over time. :) If you overfeed them, that just rushes the molting process and then they'll be hungry all over again anyway. Lean diet is the better diet.

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
An adult rosea, or even a large juvenile, only needs between 2 and 4 crickets per month. Just feed her once a week unless her abdomen looks like it's getting too big. In that case, skip feeding for that week and repeat the same process the week after. Also, don't be afraid if they don't eat for a few months. Roseas are known for fasting for long periods of time.