A paloma

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is any one keepong Aphonopelma paloma besides me. I just picked up a mature female. I'd like to get some slings or maybe a immature male. I was hoping some one was breeding these guys and could give me some advice. I'd like to try breeding them in the future, but wild caught males are hard to find I'm sure.

Thanks John

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Had a friend who kept two females for a while. They both dug really nice burrows and lived about a year, one died in a bad molt and the other randomly and fairly unexpected. I would love to acquire more if you can catch them wild, but I've posted several times in the past looking for males and never got any responses. Pretty cool for a dwarf species!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is my girl. She's about a 1.5 inches. Mature males are about 1/3 that size. I saw a MM a few years ago, he was the size of a US dime. I think it is the smallest known tarantula. I guess the only way to establish a breeding program would be to collect a few gravid females.

Last edited:

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh my Gosh, John, It is SO cute!!!!

Where did you get it, from the wild? I'd LOVE to have one!

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a sack, but she ate it:mad: I want a few more for myself. Hey Josh can I get a few, rather than collecting them? I know where they are:D
Sam

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey sam, i dont have any extra females, but you can get some slings off me.

just to let you know, the spiders you get from that area i showed you years ago are not paloma. they are hualapai. paloma are east and south of there. give me a call some time and maybe we can go out and do some collecting before i move. take care sam

-josh