long feedings

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, i decided to set the clock to see how long it takes me to feed my 49 kids. I clocked it 11/2 hours. That includes watering.
Boy I tell ya I actually build a sweat from it too.
Is there anybody else who has over 50 t's? If so how long does it take you, and do you feed them all on the same day?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
currently, I have over 100 SLINGS...and about 40 more adults/juvies.
It's alot of work, and I spread it over a few days..
It takes about 2 hours or so to feed all the slings, and at least another hour with the others. I don't do it all on one day, but everyone except the adults that aren't into food that often, gets fed approx once a week.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thats why i dont ever want to breed my Ts
sure ill eventually trade my females away b/c i want the hobby to grow and for them to fulfill their destiny
i guess ill get a younger T in return, ill be called the "middle man"

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
feeding the zoo~:0)

I have 10 T's, a cat, 2 dogs, 2 fire bellies (toads), 5 millies, 1 GAL,
an anole, a ball python and a few hundred mantis babies!(maybe more) Also, a pair of mice.
I plan on setting most of the mantids free. We are going to
keep 5, I think:D
I think I spend about 2 hours, give or take on, feeding.
Some of the critters eat every other day. Some eat less,
depending on molts and things like that. The snake eats once
a week.
Feeding is done early in the morning, except for the snake.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I find feeding the adults to be a realxing thing. I talk to them and hold them, it's kinda like watching goldfish!!

For the slings, I got this really neat plastic tray that I put all the sling's little cups on, so I can pick them all up at once, set them on the coffee table, and feed them while I'm watching t.v. So... I'm no sure how long it takes!!

I find both to be an enjoyable task, so I never worry about time constraints!:D

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've got around 70, with more slings than grown. I split them into 3 groups and feed one group, while cleaning out the group fed the night before, then I skip 2 days. Works out well, and they all are eating every 4th day. The slings take the longest to feed, but this has to do with the size food they need, which I have to dice crickets... they take around 1 hour to feed, the others take less time. And the days I have 2 groups being taken care of varies from 1-2 hours depending on what all needs doing