obt sling molting

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay, so i just got back from class and i wanted to feed my obt sling. i immediately went for the crickets i have and injured it a bit and put it into his container. i was turning the container to see where my T was and i saw it molting (AMAZING sight, first timer... :]) i got worried the cricket would stress it, even though the obt has a pretty strong fort around him... so i took the cricket out but it was going all over the container, causing quite a bit of movement. i'm wondering if all this movement will stress my obt sling and if the stress will in turn cause it to molt poorly? any encouraging thoughts? ... bad thoughts too?

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It'll be fine, you did the right thing in getting the cricket out of there. Just sit back now and let the T do its thing.

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
phew..thanks for the quick reply. i was afraid because it wasn't moving anymore but i looked really closely and it still is.. so that's good. thank you.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not moving much during molting is a good thing. It's a long and strenuous process for the tarantula and it usually takes them a long time to do. You probably shouldn't see much "movement" other than the exuvium slooooooooowly coming off. :D
Good job getting the cricket out of there! As long as the cricket didn't directly attack the tarantula, and as long as it didn't get shifted too much, I'd say all will be fine. Just leave it be for now and enjoy the show! :)

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not moving much during molting is a good thing. It's a long and strenuous process for the tarantula and it usually takes them a long time to do. You probably shouldn't see much "movement" other than the exuvium slooooooooowly coming off. :D
Good job getting the cricket out of there! As long as the cricket didn't directly attack the tarantula, and as long as it didn't get shifted too much, I'd say all will be fine. Just leave it be for now and enjoy the show! :)
oh, i didn't know that lack of movement was good because when i first saw it was moving a lot. hmm, i don't believe it shifted too much so i'm hoping it still is okay. i believe after this molt his/her legspan should be reaching just about an inch! i just got this sling Dec. 18th. wow, they really do grow fast. amaazzzinngg.