My Enclosures

voice_temp

Arachnopeon
Here is a few pics of my scorpion enclosures, theres a bit too much moisture in the elongatus enclosure cause I went a bit crazy with the water this morning. Sorry you cant see the scorpions they hardly ever come out of their caves unless they are after food or sometimes at night time they explore the area briefly before going back to base.

My Urodacus Elongatus

My Little Urodacus Manicatus enclosure

My medium Urodacus Manicatus enclosure

You can just see the scorpion in the cave but its a bit blurry.

All of my enclosures

I'm not a real pro with scorpions so any feedback will be appreciated I'm always looking to improve the environment for these guys if I can.

SuperRad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really great looking set ups. You could set up a business for enclosure interior design!

The tube for adding moisture to the substrate is an awesome idea. (at least I'm gonna assume that's what it's for) Ever think of covering it with some kind of fake ivy or plant to make it look less intrusive?

Good work!

magikscorps

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They look good ...........false bottoms and small containers ..........Love it ane those plants alive............if so where do you get the light to keep them so nice....??????????????

Mr. Quick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These have got to be the nicest plastic KK type enclosures I have seen. I don't think you need to change anything as far as aesthetics. Way to go. A+++.

voice_temp

Arachnopeon
The tube idea to add water to the substrate is a page straight out of Mark Newton's book so I cant take the credit for that one, and I really don't know how those plants are maintaining themselves I put em in there just to see what would happen and they haven't died yet, I think the moisture in the peat is helping them cause that stuff really retains the water well. The tube does look kinda odd but I didn't know how to decorate it cause if I put some sort of plant around it the scorpion will climb it and might end up down it, I dunno but my Manicatus have been spotted up the plants multiple times even hanging upside down they get into some of the weirdest places.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Truly some well thought out and very beautiful enclosures. You mind if I borrow a few of your ideas for my own?

voice_temp

Arachnopeon
Nah no worries mate, I can't exactly say they are 100% my own design cause I have been spending a lot of time browsing the pics on many sites anyways so the other ideas I have seen prob rubbed off on me.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The tube idea to add water to the substrate is a page straight out of Mark Newton's book so I cant take the credit for that one, and I really don't know how those plants are maintaining themselves I put em in there just to see what would happen and they haven't died yet, I think the moisture in the peat is helping them cause that stuff really retains the water well. The tube does look kinda odd but I didn't know how to decorate it cause if I put some sort of plant around it the scorpion will climb it and might end up down it, I dunno but my Manicatus have been spotted up the plants multiple times even hanging upside down they get into some of the weirdest places.
If you don't like the big tube in the middle, you could go with a thick straw or 2 in the corners (cut the bottom at an angle before you dig the little hole to the bottom and pack the substrate around the straw). You could also use the tube part of a pen that you take apart (I use these). For filling with water, you can get a small funnel. Just a suggestion. That is how I hide my tubes to the bottom in my false bottom set up. It makes it harder for you to accidentally add too much moisture as well. Cool looking set ups. I really like the stacked picture.