sexing a pink zebra

yz125racr10

Arachnopeon
So I don't have to read through pages of sexing the T's, can anyone tell me a straight to the point way of sexing a Pink Zebra at 2".

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think to benefit yourself, you should do the reading, and look at some pictures. Once you are able to do it yourself, it really is not that difficult.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by jezzy607
I think to benefit yourself, you should do the reading, and look at some pictures. Once you are able to do it yourself, it really is not that difficult.
It's not that difficult once you know what your looking for, I agree.
Its getting to that point which is difficult for most people.
So, as jezzy607 said, its worth your time investment to read and look at the pictures. Rick West's site has good info.. So does Golden Phoenix Exotica.;)

Ernie

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is no straight to the point way of sexing a Tarantula that small or an adult for that matter. You can sex via a fresh molt if you know what to look for and where to look or you can use the method that checks for epigandrious fusillia(sp?) near the epigastric furrow but with either method its going to require you to read, look at pictures and carefully observe your tarantula. Sorry but there aren't any short cuts in sexing. It takes some learning, some experience and a bit of effort on your part. Good luck and enjoy what your learning about and you'll figure it out. Once you do figure it out its pretty easy but still may require you to be patient till the T matures enough to tell. Nobody is 100% accurate at sexing so there is still room for error.