Singapore Blue

hruby

Arachnopeon
I just recently purchased a 2 in Singapore blue it is brown and fast. i put it in a sun tea jar with about 2.5 in of cocoanut fiber and a large piece or cork bark. It has been about 3 weeks and it mostly just burrows in at the base of the bark and webbed up the bottom half of the bark. I am new to asian species and was wondering if, it closing off all of its exits from its burrow means its getting ready for a molt or if i should be getting worried, it has been about 3 days sense i have seen anything new. Please give some advice if you have any.
Thanks

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You actually see yours? Count your blessings. I never see any of my babies beyond an occasional flash of leg or abdomen. I wouldn't worry to much, they tend to hide all of the time until they get quite a bit bigger. My babies are complete pet holes, I throw food in, it disappears, and occasionally I will find a moult that got tossed out of the hole. I'm not even sure how big mine are, that is how much I don't see them.
My adult female comes out and wanders around in the evening, but the slings do it only rarely and as soon as I move the vial, ZOOM, right back in the hole.
Yours sounds perfectly normal.
It may be getting ready to moult, if it does, it should throw the moult out when its done, keep an eye out for it.
I would be careful about offering food until it either comes out or you see a skin.

hruby

Arachnopeon
thanks for the feedback i was just nervous with this being my first old world t. thanks again

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I just recently purchased a 2 in Singapore blue it is brown and fast. i put it in a sun tea jar with about 2.5 in of cocoanut fiber and a large piece or cork bark. It has been about 3 weeks and it mostly just burrows in at the base of the bark and webbed up the bottom half of the bark. I am new to asian species and was wondering if, it closing off all of its exits from its burrow means its getting ready for a molt or if i should be getting worried, it has been about 3 days sense i have seen anything new. Please give some advice if you have any.
Thanks
That means your Ts has settled in nicely and is healthy and happy.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yea its fine, let it be..i have a sling thats the slowest grower out of my whole collection..i have a big female and a HUGE female and one male..they become more of a tree dweller as adults and eat airplanes fully grown!