L. parahybana

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just found out my mystery freebie is an L. parahybana. I did a search and found out they are fast growing! I"m excited about that becuase it's an EENSY WEENSY sling.

Any words of advice? This showed up as an experience level 7 :eek: on the arachnopets care sheet and I don't know why.

Last edited:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got one of these at the beginning of January, 0.5". It buried itself about two days later and I haven't seen it since! But it moulted a couple of weeks ago and since then every cricket I leave at the top of its burrow has disappeared so it's obviously doing ok. I think they are quite easy to keep, just when they get big they get BIG and I think the hairs are nasty. Not really a problem at the moment tho ;)

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, mine molted about 2-3 days ago after burrowing. It burrowed against the side of the vial so I could see it. I went in to get the exo last night (which I promptly lost since it was so tiny) and since then I haven't seen the little guy. I'm assuming he moved further into the interior of the vial. I'm having a hard time just leaving it alone! :)

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine are all 1st Instars, but no one has buried themselves. Their containers are towards the back of the "shoebox" I have my smaller Ts in, so perhaps they don't feel a need to disappear. I have had them over a month now, but no one shows any signs of impending molt coming yet. Hope it's soon, can't hardly wait to start feeding the tykes. I love feeding time.

Yes, am sure they are paras. We opened the sac at our local meeting in Jan to find the little buggers ready to pour out (literally).

ragingcobalt

Arachnopeon
i got one of them it's close to 8 inches right now awsome display spiders when they get big. because they are pretty active but watch the temper :evil: mine knows how big it is and likes to let me know it ain't afriand of me.

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got one of them it's close to 8 inches right now awsome display spiders when they get big. because they are pretty active but watch the temper :evil: mine knows how big it is and likes to let me know it ain't afriand of me.
Right now mine is the smallest spider I have - so I guess it will be awhile before it can throw its weight around!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just found out my mystery freebie is an L. parahybana. I did a search and found out they are fast growing! I"m excited about that becuase it's an EENSY WEENSY sling.

Any words of advice? This showed up as an experience level 7 :eek: on the arachnopets care sheet and I don't know why.
I just got one as a freebie too! Mine is also teeny tiny. Talk about fast growing, I fed it one or two pinheads and it grew!!! This is going to be fun!!

--(Thanks Bryan--miarachnids!!)

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
level 7?

I wonder how they determine that? Other than being big and feisty, these are about one of the easiest t's out there. They're pretty simple, keep on the dry side (once it's bigger), feed them, water them, keep fingers out of tank, probably time to feed them again. Even as slings, these guys are pretty tough. I'm sure you'll do fine!