Had a few molts and updated pics of my freshly molted L.P (pics)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Here are a few molts I had a few days ago......and updated pics of my Big Female L.Parahybana (she is still docile)....rob

I week ago molt Female L.Parahybana (she is big now)

Ultimate molt curly hair (he gained almost 2")

8 month old immature L.Parahybana....he molts every month LOL

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
how big is your para now? and did you say that was a curlyhair?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
how big is your para now? and did you say that was a curlyhair?
My L.P is close to 10"....and yes a curly hair.....he just got these colors.....and he is pretty big for a curly hair.....almost looks like a redrump.....rob

vbrooke

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice looking T's

Hey there Rob, That is a great shot of your Parahbana. She is georgous!! Awhile back I had a choice between a rosea or a curlyhair, and I chose the rosea cause of the pink and what I thought was a good disposition. After seeing your little guy I should have gone with the curlyhair. He's very colorful.

How do you get such perfect molts? My Versi's exo's are usually missing the abdomen. Where am I going wrong? Or is it because it's still pretty little?:confused:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey there Rob, That is a great shot of your Parahbana. She is georgous!! Awhile back I had a choice between a rosea or a curlyhair, and I chose the rosea cause of the pink and what I thought was a good disposition. After seeing your little guy I should have gone with the curlyhair. He's very colorful.

How do you get such perfect molts? My Versi's exo's are usually missing the abdomen. Where am I going wrong? Or is it because it's still pretty little?:confused:
My versicolor tears up her molts....mainly the abdomen.....I think because they molt in there tube web. I think I get such good molts because my T's are in a temp/humidity controlled room.....rob

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't know if its just me, the pictures or what but that doesn't look much like B. albopilosum.:? The two I have look quite a bit different.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't know if its just me, the pictures or what but that doesn't look much like B. albopilosum.:? The two I have look quite a bit different.
He Looked a lot different before his ultimate molt

before molt

After ultimate molt (huge color change)

bio teacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That does not look like a B. albipolosum to me. It looks like an Aphonopelma hentzi.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That does not look like a B. albipolosum to me. It looks like an Aphonopelma hentzi.
Thats funny you say that.....I thought the same thing....but I have seen other curly hairs that look similar to......rob

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish my L. parahybana would molt like that.... mine has only molted twice this year.. and it is still a sling..

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Awesome pictures! My L para is still little; just over 1". I cant wait for it to grow as huge as yours! How long did it take for the huge one to get to that size? Do you give them heat, or are they kept at room temp? My room is a little chilly (60-70), and I think it is slowing all my T's growth. (not really a bad thing though...)

Also, are yours normally easy to handle? I would LOVE to have a huge AND handle-able T, but I hear that many large L para's are kinda fiesty.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome pictures! My L para is still little; just over 1". I cant wait for it to grow as huge as yours! How long did it take for the huge one to get to that size? Do you give them heat, or are they kept at room temp? My room is a little chilly (60-70), and I think it is slowing all my T's growth. (not really a bad thing though...)

Also, are yours normally easy to handle? I would LOVE to have a huge AND handle-able T, but I hear that many large L para's are kinda fiesty.
My big female is only 3 years old (hard to believe).....All of my T's are kept in a temp/humidity controlled room at 80 degrees at night and 83-84 degrees during the day. I hold all my para"s....but my big female ever bit me it would hurt....she is almost 10".....rob

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome parahybana! I can't wait till mine gets that size :D ( <1" at the mo and constantly underground)

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is my B. albopilosum. It is a juvenile male. Notice the very pronounced "curly" hairs especially on the legs? I'm not seeing this in your picture of your MM curlyhair. Maybe its just the photo or something. Your MM looks alot like my MM A. hentzi. Again, maybe just the photos.

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is my B. albopilosum. It is a juvenile male. Notice the very pronounced "curly" hairs especially on the legs? I'm not seeing this in your picture of your MM curlyhair. Maybe its just the photo or something. Your MM looks alot like my MM A. hentzi. Again, maybe just the photos.
That is exactly how my B. albopilosum looked a month ago.....I think it is the pics.....he is very hairy....rob