New trapdoor

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a trapdoor spider about a week ago (not a clue on the species, however it is almost completely black) and it has confused me greatly. Firstly it has not made a trapdoor. I got it from a pet shop and they gave me the container that it was in and even though it had made a trapdoor in that one, it never used it, it just ran around on the surface a lot (it seems a bit crazy). Now that I've transfered it to a new tank its doing the same, sometimes hiding under the moss instead.
Secondly how much do they usually eat? It has eaten 1-2 hoppers (mini locust) every day, and its abdomen seems quite small compared to other species of trapdoor i have looked at. Could the pet shop maybe not have fed it enough? also is it possible to overfeed them?

Sorry for the huge amount of questions

Emily

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sometimes trapdoors take a long time to adjust to captivity and make a door. sometimes they never adjust

do you know what a mature (or nearly so in some species) male's pedipalps look like? it almost sounds like you got a mature male from it's behaviour