B. jacksoni finally!

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i didnt get many good pics of it but heres the best shot i got....

this is my first scorp besides emps and im normally a spider dude so any tips will be helpfull! :D

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It may be a scar or mycosis (mycosis is a fungal infection that is bad) I'm not an expert on the subject either, I have a flatrock with a spot on her leg joint, been there for several months (a year in June) without a problem just growing slowly, "Iheart"s were all over his B Jax and it died eventually. Maybe someone with more experience will put their thoughts in, and maybe if you could get a closer pic of the spot it may help 'see' what it might be.

Last edited:

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats a bummer.... well i guess i will try and get a better pic later...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I cant see the pics on here unless they are attachments but if you email it to me or take a better picture I'm sure I could tell you if it has mycosis or not.
-Eddy

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, all 8 of my M. martensii cam with varying states of mycosis 2 died in 2 days. They rest were going to die very soon I had a HUGE thread on it ages ago. If it is indeed living mycosis and considering the humidish requirements of jacksoni it could become an issue and can be spread between scorpions. So wash you hands before you handle your emp or work in its cage or even feed it too. This is being overly cautious but it is a serious aliment that you really want to avoid.

Oh, BTW its a female.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres a better pic of the tail... if it does have mycoses will it ever go away or is it just going to die?....

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm does look like it. I can also see a spot on its 2nd leg on the right side in this photo and on its side maybe. I'd really prod and look at 100% of its body and take photos as necessary.

You could kill the fungus. Considering she is most likely an adult she won't need the humidity to molt. You could place her into Dry ICU for some time. I'd separate her from the rest of the group if you have more than one.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she's full grown?? lol and if i want to kill the fungus i jsut put her into a dry enviroment?

uhh any info on this subject would help a ton...

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jacksoni are quite small I was very surprised when mine matured. Hell I could fit 3 2i jacksoni on a penny.
There are lots of threads on doing this but with mites and some with fungus.
I can't think of any off the top of my head. Try searching for my thread on my M. martensii mycosis issue.

There is a special cycle method to the Dry ICU.

So anyone else care to take a stab of setting up a ICU schedule for this.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dang man, I'm sorry to hear about the mycosis -- though mine had it a lot worse:

Looking at the size of your finger I'd guess you've got an adult female.

I hope she lives for a while, 'cause this is a fun species. Best of luck with her. :)

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow this sucks.... not only do i find that this new scorp has it but one of my young female emps does as well... well at least i think so.. there's a whole bunch of black spots on the sides of the body like on the membrane.

edit: i jut looked over my new B. jacks and it has a few more spots i think i count 3 others besides the one on the tail

Last edited:

mkieff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That does SUCK!!! I have always wanted to start a B. jacksoni community. So I hate it when someone is starting one and something like this crap happens.

I am really sorry, it does SUCK big time.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mycosis sucks, but it's not that bad as long as it stays away from the booklungs. Those are the 6 white dots on the bottom, their breathing apparatus. It can cause limbs to stop functioning eventually if it keeps spreading, so keep them dry with a waterbowl, pour a bit of water in the corner every other week. Can take a while to die from mycosis so plenty of time to have babies that won't have it. Separate them out and put them on fresh new substrate, and they will molt out of whatever gets transferred to them by mom at birth.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine didn't have any in the booklungs, and it died within a week of me noticing the mycosis. :(

I'm sorry the prognosis is so grim, Dude.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine didn't have any in the booklungs, and it died within a week of me noticing the mycosis. :(

I'm sorry the prognosis is so grim, Dude.
well... hopefully i can find a couple at the next hamburg show and try again lol...

The Emperor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am thinking about getting one, But if I get stung what are the chances of actually dying?