any one know anything about wisconsin???

squeaky10199

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey im from wisconsin and i want to have a true spider as a pet. as i already have two tarantulas and want a smaller spider. any body know anything about grass spiders? the ones that spin funnel webs? any help would be appreciated.

357wheelgunner

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm from the Milwaukee area, lived there for the first 19 years of my life.

We used to see big black and yellow spiders in large webs, we threw in grasshoppers to watch them eat. I stopped seeing them when I was in High School, either because they left the area or because I was too worried about my other hobbies.

I'd try to find one of those if at all possible, they were spectacular.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
squeaky, search for grass+spider and agelenopsis on these boards, there's tons of information.

wheelgunner, that sounds like Argiope aurantia, which are very common in the US. you can use the search function for those too.

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to have an Agelendiae sp. as a pet for a summer once. The one I had liked to build a new web every so often but had no where to go. It would just web over the old one. By the time she died she had about 8 layers of sheet webbing that nearly reached the top of her kk. One of those would likely make an interesting pet for you.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
I have land up in Crivitz and we find very large dolomedes and a lot of argiope in the later summer.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Hi
Not sure if this LINK is of any interest to you but it is there if you want it.:)
Cheers
Chris