Cross Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone know if there has ever been a case of Ts breeding that were of differing species? Maybe two sps that are closely related?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Please go use the search engine for "hybrids" and then for "crossbreeding," read the pages on pages of thirty-page flamewars on the topic, and never start a thread on this subject again. I'm not meaning this as a personal attack on you, but man, these get nasty every time and you have no idea the can of worms you're opening. {D

EDIT: To sum it up, yes a few hybrids are possible, but hybridizing captive specimens will ONLY hurt the hobby in the end. Inevitably, hybrid specimens will end up misidentified by somebody and bred back into pure species lines, and then you end up mucking up a captive species - sometimes beyond recovery. The whole Avicularia genus is, I'm told, a huge mess because of hybrids, and people can't always tell WHAT the heck they have.

EDIT EDIT: And to complete the summary of the average hybrid thread, let us not forget lots of people screaming at each other, mods deleting/editing posts, and probably at least one person's been banned in all the mess. {D Crazy stuff.

Last edited:

MVDaniel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, did that. My apology for not running the correct search prior to posting. I have no intention of trying anything like it, it was just a curiosity that developed due to a conversation I had at work today. Please disregard this thread.......LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.