Inducing a molt post ultimate molt in a male

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is there anyway to do this?

My adult male A. Seemani is in pretty rough shape, and for mounting purposes in the future it would be awesome if i could somehow alter his environment to induce a post ultimate molt..

Thanks

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think the environment has anything to do with it - as far as I've been able to tell, no one really knows what causes a post-ultimate molt. He probably wouldn't look very pretty afterwards though, since they tend to die during or after and rip off their palps in the process. :eek:

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh crap, so thats how they die??

Should i refrigerate him??? Ive already attempted to breed him. for 4 months with 2 different females..

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
oh crap, so thats how they die??

Should i refrigerate him???
You don't need to kill him, he'll probably just fade quietly before ever attempting a post-ultimate molt - most males never even try to go post-ultimate. So just enjoy him while you have him. :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
possibly possibly feeding him younglings of the same species might do it

it really depends on how exactly the hormone queues work

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You don't need to kill him, he'll probably just fade quietly before ever attempting a post-ultimate molt - most males never even try to go post-ultimate. So just enjoy him while you have him. :)
Agreed. Just let him go in peace...dreaming of all the T's in Spidey heaven he can breed with once he goes.