White stuff on mouth

RazorGen

Arachnopeon
One of my A. avics has white stuff on its mouth (near where the fangs point). Is this a sign of sickness or a sign that maybe it collected some poop while sucking water off the glass, or is it just drooling a lot. I've seen them drool, but it's never foamy. A. avics are slobby T's, pooping and drooling everywhere!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nematodes? this is my guesse but a pic would be more helpful.

RazorGen

Arachnopeon
It looked like a milky-white fluid/mucous. It kept moving its fangs back and forth through it. I checked on it a few minutes ago and it's all gone. :?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
maybe food leftovers? my a.avicularia had the same stuff and did the same thing, so im guessing it was just the remains of a cricket or whatever you feed it.

RazorGen

Arachnopeon
I think I've seen it before after feeding as well, but tomorrow is feeding day. It hasn't eaten for a week, so I can't imagine it being leftover cricket. It's gone and it seems fine, so I'm not going to worry too much. It also had been sucking water off the side, that may have something to do with it. It hasn't done that in awhile to my knowledge.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
just keep an eye on it, my pokie had something like that and it just went away, I think it was roach guts or poop. if it is foamy though you might have a reason to worry.