These look ok for Pokie slings?

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm getting a couple of 1.5" Pokies (ornata and regalis) and I just wanna make sure these cages will be suitable for a few months.

The sponge top is for easy access spraying/feeding/cleaning, very oversized sponge so it's tight. Let me know, good or bad, thanks guys!

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
(in response to your last post in that other thread)ahh ok..i was thinking you were intending to soak those sponges to offer humidity.

the sponge idea is a different one..i'll give you that. enclosures look find to me. how tight are the sponges? spiders are pretty crafty and have surprised many people with their ability to escape.

when you made the holes, did you do it from the outside or from the inside? if from the outside, are there any sharp pieces of plastic on the inside? sometimes there can be a jagged edge around the holes depending on how you made them.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
(in response to your last post in that other thread)ahh ok..i was thinking you were intending to soak those sponges to offer humidity.

the sponge idea is a different one..i'll give you that. enclosures look find to me. how tight are the sponges? spiders are pretty crafty and have surprised many people with their ability to escape.

when you made the holes, did you do it from the outside or from the inside? if from the outside, are there any sharp pieces of plastic on the inside? sometimes there can be a jagged edge around the holes depending on how you made them.
No, the sponges are just for ease of access, I try to leave my dudes alone as much as possible. I can spray/clean/whatever through the top like this without bothering them (at least that's the plan). Use a straw full of water to fill up the bottle cap ;-)

All the holes are soldered from out to in and are smooth. I used a hole saw on the top and left the edges rough so it's harder to move the sponge. Sponge is really tight.