Pitfall traps?

DITB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pit fall traps are like a pit that bugs fall in the pit and get traped :p lol
i make them out of plastic 2 liter soda bottles i simply cut the top of the bottle off and make it into like a funnel, stick this part down into the other part of the bottle, grease the funnel with some vaseline or cooking oil so the bugs slide in and cant get out. dig a hole in the ground and put the trap in the hole putting the funnel part as ground level, put some boards up behind the trap so the bug has the follow the board and find itself falling into the trap.put the trap anywhere bugs might be and you could catch anything from millipedes, centipedes, spiders, scorpions and even little snakes and lizards i would check the trap a few times a day. :D

DITB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
a plastic wall might be better since some stuff can crawl over wood. i use wood myself and catch stuff but plastic is probably better. its hard to find something that would work for this though.also i would put some leaves and such in the trap so when you check the trap you see more than just one very fat spider :D

DITB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
also cutting the hole on the funnel that the critter falls through would help catch something bigger

Keith1212

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes that sounds good for bigger critters. what do ya mean by the leaves in the trap? so they dont fight each other?

DITB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes so they have places to hide from each other