P. antinous molt- Big Color Change

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is a female P. antinous standing next to her exuvia. This shows just how much some spiders fade during the course of their molt cycle. She looks like a totally different spider!

Attachments

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't you just love P. antinous? Probably my favorite tarantula. How is yours, behavior-wise? I have heard some people say they are very feisty but mine has never been anything but well-mannered.

Adrian

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by belewfripp
Don't you just love P. antinous? Probably my favorite tarantula. How is yours, behavior-wise? I have heard some people say they are very feisty but mine has never been anything but well-mannered.

Adrian
Yes, I do love them!
I have a few of them and they are all somewhat skittish, but I definitely wouldn't classify them as overly defensive. I've never had one of them strike, whereas I've had a couple other members of the genus come pretty close to nailing me. Mine usually retreat to their shelters or do the "standing on stilts abdomen raise" when disturbed.

John

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OMG :eek: Unbelievable change... :eek:

Thanks for the great pic... Beautiful T :)

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

I am surely getting a pampy now. thanks for the pic I have been wanting this species for a while now.

have a nice day

geo

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Poecilotheria
How big is she, legspan? How long have you had her?
Steve
I have 6 of them ranging in size from 4" to 7.5". This one is about 6". I've had her almost 2 years.

John

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have two 3 inch females just now turning Black. Mine are very shy and run to the corner with their butt in the air. They both have never tried to bite even when I do a cage clean. Only negative comment so far is they don't come out much but they are still young.

Bob