Doesnt it irritate you...

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
... when you try to mist the vials of your Ts and they run up the side to the top as soon as you pick the vial up? This irritates the crap out of me. Mostly out of fear of smashing there feet with the lid. The one that irritates me the most is my Aphonopelma sp. Its about 1" and will run up the side of the container and put its legs right where the lid is and not move so. I try tapping the container and it clings tightly and wont move. Then im left with a half closed lid and worry about the damn thing getting out. Then the really small Aphonopelma sp. i have will run up to the lid every time. Its not like the vials are so small that they have nowhere else to go. Aphonopelma sp. are especially bad at this i have no idea why, i had about 30 P. murinus at one time from slings to adults and none of them gave me problems with this like my Aphonopelmas do. :mad:
-Nate

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just blow softly and if they have made the vial their home (webbed it up or du a hole, etc) they usually just run back into it. Otherwise, I end up chasing them in with the old paintbrush. Avic wrangling always takes longer for me, though - they looove to run around the rim of the jar and into freedom!

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just use an eye dropper to wet the substrate in the vials.
I know what you mean tho.
For me it's my A seemani's that always try to get out.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I spray via the air holes. I don't even need to open the vial.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I have tiny tipped droppers that fit through the tiniest of holes ( melted with paper clips even ) I just drop the water in from them, no need to open till feeding time.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Why can't you just tap their legs with your finger tips until they go back down to the bottom? It works every time. If you are worried about getting bitten, then use a brush or stick to tap their legs.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I cut a hole in the rubber tops about the diameter of a dime. I cut a piece of vynyl screen about a 1/2 inch larger than the diameter of the vial. I place the screen over the vial opening and snap the top on. Works especially good for Avics that need good ventilation and moisture. I just spray through the screen top. I end up spraying their vials more because of the opening at the top...but that just means it is working! You can see into the tops too so you can direct the spray on the wall oposite of your slings web.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have small holes in the top of my vials, just big enough for a paper clip to fit through, so when they get up there, I can un-bend a paper clip and scare them back down (usually by buming their legs). Works for me. I have to do this a lot with my Pterinochilus murinus slings. :D

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use a small syringe, insert the needle into the airholes and aim the water onto the dish... hope this helps