How long do I wait to feed after a molt?

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've read some conflicting stuff on here, is there a consensus? One week? Two?

I have 9 spiders and 3 are in molt right now ;P It's been about a week for my versi and he's out looking for food, so I'm curious if its safe to give him a cricket.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After about a week I drop something in to see if they are ready to eat. Typically if they don't pounce on it right away or in the first few minutes that means they are not ready and I take the food item out and try again in a few days or more.

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Versi molted about a week ago,I think it was last tuesday or Wednesday and I fed it yesterday,and it took it.Throw a cricket in and keep an eye on it.If it is still there tomorrow take it out for a day or two and try again.How old is your Versi?Mine is a juvi and might recover quicker from a molt.:?

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I should add that I keep my crickets well fed and don"t worry about them going after my T.if there in there for a day.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just watch their behavior.

I usually wait about a week but it's been (rarely) known to happen where my T's eat a day or so after a molt. Really it depends on which ones and such.
I'd say a week is a good rule of thumb.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is a juvie, just went from 3/4" to maybe 1.5"

Thanks for the responses guys!

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's funny is that I bought a pair of versi's for my first spiders, before they ever molted I had 7 more spiders :p

Spiders are interesting little guys.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What's funny is that I bought a pair of versi's for my first spiders, before they ever molted I had 7 more spiders :p

Spiders are interesting little guys.
Little suckers are addicting. Pretty soon you'll be trying to rescue all the T's from the pet stores.