Largest Species of Scorpions?

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Was just wondering what the biggest species of scorpions are? i know Emps are one of them but what others are there? Can anyone post some pics etc?

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure Flat rocks are close the the largest.

magikscorps

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no no no................ Heterometus swammerdami..adults get 11.5 in :D Ill post pics shortly:D

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was thinking both bulk and length tbh :), thanks btw steven, sorry for bringing it up again, didnt see that post

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Picture removed due to copyright violation

Big Pandinus Dictator (not mine)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet God! That thing is freaking massive. I'd love to get a hold of a true emp, not the dwarfs in the trade.

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aye i think i've seen a comparison picture on this forum somewhere of a true emp next to one of those dwarf ones, Bring on the true emps!

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Aye i think i've seen a comparison picture on this forum somewhere of a true emp next to one of those dwarf ones
i would like to see a photo of this as :)8o) i didn't know there was a diff...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Theres really not a "true emp" like a lot of scorpion species size is different among different population that occupy different niches.
-Eddy

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
exactly 2 different niches. The savanah is the typical pet trade one. I'm just trying to imply that it's not a "True" emp it's just another type of emp.
-Eddy

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, don't get me wrong man, I multitask and hit reply before you posted, but never got around to finishing until after you posted. I get distracted easily, I wasn't trying to imply anything with the post:D

You're dead on about there being no "True" Emp based on size alone (or even color for that matter). I just wanted to make sure that everyone could see the difference between biotypes. (That said there is a lot that a single picture doesn't tell you)

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats true, I've seen that posted here some time ago. Also that picture of the P. dictator doesn't show it's average size either. I'm taking some notes on a specific scorpion species here in CA on size differences vs location.
-Eddy

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
wow, thank you guys, y'all rock! :clap: i learn something new every time i visit the scorp forum. interesting the huge difference between the savannah and the forest form. :cool: