I need Singapore Blue knowledge

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
Hey.

I am really wanting to get a Singapore Blue but I'd like some information / advice on them. I have heard they are supposedly like an arboreal H. Lividium. I'm not a novice at keeping T's though I'm also not an expert. I've had King Baboons, OBT's, and I have some H. Lividum coming. I'm just looking for some solid info about how to care (and be careful) for these T's.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep mine like a pokie.
When they're slings; they'll burrow, but around the 3" mark you'll see them hanging out pokie style...;)
Give lots of ventilation. Great eaters, too.
Easily one of the most startlingly beautiful T's out there..:clap:

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
Singapore Attitude

Thank you for the advice...

what about the disposition?

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess the best way to describe them is "pokie-ish". They're skittish and flighty.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually hate mine. Its around 4" and I haven't seen it but only twice since I got a few months back. I'm really dissapointed in how much of a pet hole it is.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I actually hate mine. Its around 4" and I haven't seen it but only twice since I got a few months back. I'm really dissapointed in how much of a pet hole it is.
mine was like that till it hit the electric blue phase at 5+"
now its hanging out all the time.
And as far as compairing it to a cobalt blue...well that is like saying an ultamarine blue caddy is like an over grown blue yugo.
anyway
mine tried to bite me the other day when i touched her leg lol slapped me pretty good and did an OBT style threat pose.

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I knew I had to have this T the moment I first heard of it. Of course, when i did first hear of it, the guy that told me about it said that it was handleable. This guy's been known to stretch the truth before this, so I was not surprised to find them flighty with a tendency to throw a threat pose when they feel cornered. I learned that from Charles from Botar before I bought mine from him.
What I did not know was just how fast these things are. Their legs are sooo long for their body that I swear that they teleport!! I recommend that you give yourself plenty of room to work with when you have to remove one from its cage to clean it.
I was disappointed by mine at first, too. It spent almost all of its time underground and when it was out, it sure didn't look very blue to me. Certainly not like the pictures I had seen.
Well, now mine is about 3 inches and has made an arboreal web like an Avic and it seems like she is more blue every day.:clap: :clap: :clap:
I highly recommend them, but not for the timid or slow!;P ;P ;P

Jarconis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought a lil 2" sling from NW inverts about a month ago and the lil guy molted 3 days ago, I saw the molt laying outside his lil hangout and hes back in his lil den.

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have one...don't they require higher humidity? I also read they're more aggressive?

Now I do have some pokies, so are they that similar?

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have one...don't they require higher humidity? I also read they're more aggressive?

Now I do have some pokies, so are they that similar?
Yes, and No. :)
Not aggressive; insanely defensive. And Jayzun is correct. They teleport. The fastest T. we have - no question. That includes the H.macs and every other pokie; including also the OBT'S.
I would recommend HIGHLY that they be kept in cages with FRONT access, not top. :embarrassed:
The human eye is not fast enough to see them coming until it's toooo late. :D
Humidity with good ventilation is called for, here.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if you use search your computer would prolly blow up.

Venomous

Arachnopeon
Would 60-70% be appropriate humidity? I just received mine today, and she molted during transit. Want to make sure it's set up correctly.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey.

I am really wanting to get a Singapore Blue but I'd like some information / advice on them. I have heard they are supposedly like an arboreal H. Lividium. I'm not a novice at keeping T's though I'm also not an expert. I've had King Baboons, OBT's, and I have some H. Lividum coming. I'm just looking for some solid info about how to care (and be careful) for these T's.

Thanks
Well I have one of these you can keep the substrate dry just have a water dish in there. Make sure the substrate is deep enough for your T to burrow because a lot of the slings even when they reach adult age some will stilll burrow. if you house it correctly, you won't see it too often.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey.

Thanks
Well I have one of these you can keep the substrate dry just have a water dish in there. Make sure the substrate is deep enough for your T to burrow because a lot of the slings even when they reach adult age some will stilll burrow. if you house it correctly, you won't see it too often.

sassysmama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also keep mine like my pokies. I don't know about the front opening cage, though. I had mine set up like that until one day I opened the cage and there was a 6" ANGRY T sitting on my face. I can't begin to tell you how much that sucked. Now I keep her in one of the arboreal cages from tarantulacages.com, and it has worked perfect. I have even transfered her using the cupping method and it worked beautifully. They are very fast, and the smaller the opening of the lid is, the better. At least if it opens toward the top, you can block it better than you can from the front. Aside from that, they are really beautiful Ts. Mine kind of alternates between being completely visible and a pet hole. Its a surprise every time I check on her. I don't know, I think it makes them a little more fun!

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also keep mine like my pokies. I don't know about the front opening cage, though. I had mine set up like that until one day I opened the cage and there was a 6" ANGRY T sitting on my face. I can't begin to tell you how much that sucked.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My worst nightmare......
My blues always seem to run "up". Thank God. {D

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Headed to work so dont have time to read all the posts so im sorry if i am reposting information but here we go...

Housing- As slings they will be burrowers but as they get older they will start to become arboreal. I keep them in tall vials as slings and fill it halfway up with substrate and then put in fake plants so they have the choice to be arboreal or burrow, and most of the time they will web everything and stay in there burrows. As they get larger i just move them to larger cages but try to keep the option of burrowing or becoming arboreal until i notice them to start acting more arboreal, then i transfer them to a completely arboreal type setup, similar to how you would house a pokie. As slings i try to mist at least once or twice a week, and as they get bigger i still mist but less often and always make sure they have a full water dish.

Disposition- They are extremely secretive and very skittish. More skittish even than C. fasciatum. Slight disturbance to there cage or around there cage will cause they to dart away into there burrows or into a hide. I would say they are more flighty than most pokies i have dealt with. As they get larger they get a bit more spunk to them and will throw threat displays, but most of the time they will usually just try to run.

Let me emphasize something... they are VERY freaking fast!!!! Ok there i said it, don't say i didn't tell you so!

Hope that helps, if you need any more information just drop me a PM, gotta go!
Cheers,
Nate

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh yes let me just add...

I would not say they are anything like H. lividum as far as temperament goes... They rather run then throw threat displays 90% of the time, where H. lividum i have kept will run out of there burrows at you in a threat display if you disturb them.

Now just go get you one already :)!
-Nate