Really nasty ex housemates

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
AT my flat at uni having small pets isnt a problem unless the other tennents have a problem with them. I have had my tarantulas for 6 months in my flat. I get on very very well with two of my flatmates but the other two....well... the less said about them the better. After refusing to once again do their washing up i piled it on their side of the sink. the next morning there was a message on the fridge in magnetic letters saying 'f u (c u next tuesday)' if you get me, im not writing the word because its disgusting.

As expected my housemate was really cross and they had an arguement. these girls are now moving out but as one last spiteful act they complained about my T's and now i have to get rid of them by tomorrow afternoon or i face eviction. This is stupid as they no longer even live here, but the landlord wants them out. They aren't going far, just to the bf's house, but if anyone else has been forced to give up their tarantulas they will know how much it hurts. This will be the 1st time in 15 years that i wont have a bug in my room.

They are all packed up now. I cried once i was done. My room looks so empty. :(

i just thought i would share with you how nasty some people can be about having T's and how much it can hurt sometimes.

citizen_smithi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that sucks! Couldn't you have hidden them until the gits moved out then snuck them back in once the landlord was happy they'd gone? I have three adults and six slings in my room, says no pets in the contract so I know about the worry of someone finding out and complaining, but I would probably ball my eyes out to if they were gone, sorry to hear your naff story :(

Maybe you can smuggle them back in a month or so when the heat's died down?

At least you can still "have" them at your boyfriends, they're not sold or dead, but it still sucks!

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my bf is happy to have them at his but i also had 5 pygmy chameleons and my housemate had a tree from which we also have to get rid of. What annoyed me more then anyting is that these girls left their fish here when they left an now thats pinned on us too. Im on my way down to the office to complain about the way everything was handled. I mean there didnt need to be 3 office staff knocking on my door at 9am, 2 of them being 6ft men.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sorry to hear that, the world does hold pricks in it unfortunetly to balance out us kewl people..

citizen_smithi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is it written in the contract (is there even a contract?) that no pets whatsoever are to be kept on the premises by any housemates?

Just asking as my old landlord always moaned about something or other, but as they was no contract and the rent was paid into the chicken shop he owned downstairs in cash :eek: we always pulled the polite line of " oh I see, sorry about that I'll ask citizens advice bureau about it in the morning" and he was usually quite receptive after that!

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmm

kill the fish and mail them to her. j/k No that would be cruel. You could find a pond and let them go and not you have a new tank for your T's.

What about this. They have these tanks you can put locks on, the sliding lid ones. You know what I am talking about. What if you locked the T's everyday. To me I dont see what the big deal is. They arent hurting anyone and they stay in tanks. People can have fish in tanks so why not T's. Fish dont do anything bad and neither do fish when taking the proper precautions. The chances of them getting out on their own are very very slim. You should def. talk to the people that run the place. Its your pet.

In my opinion fish are worse. They die more often and it always happens when you least expect it and you know they die when you can smell the odor. They take more time to take care of when changing water and so on and maintanance.

Kris

CharlaineC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can't you request to sit down and talk to the super. and explain everything. you and your other house mate who get alone can explaine everything. do hove proof about how pigish they where. if so you can basicly prove thwt this was a spitfull thing and you shuld be able to fight it. their caged so really their is no reasion you should be forced to get ride of them. you can ask for their reasions as well. just becaus the girls complained does't make sence unless somethung was overly blown out of preportion.

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah it was compleatly blown out of preportion, these girls lie through their teeth all the time and i bet the landlord has a really warped opinion of us. To be honest i feel sorry for them. they are never going to get anywhere in life and the amount of karma against them will get them soon. There is an arranged meeting with the landlords soon but i can guarantee it wont go down well, because after being called a ginger c-word im not going to take this lightly.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just smuggle them back in!

You'd be spinning your wheels by trying to persuade management to let you have Ts. What incentive do they possibly have to say yes to someone wanting to keep spiders in their building? As was said earlier, just sneak them back in! If you can't figure out how to smuggle some Ts into a building you're not terribly high on the evolutionary ladder.

Once they're in your apartment you're good to go. Last time I checked it was illegal for anyone (management, apartment building owner...) to enter your apartment without permission. If they can't enter legally they can't legally throw you out for having discovered that you have Ts. It's not as if they could say they heard your Ts barking. Personally, I'd make it my personally mission in life not only to move my Ts back in but to increase the size of the herd exponentially. Bleep them.:)

--the nature boy

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that sucks! Couldn't you have hidden them until the gits moved out then snuck them back in once the landlord was happy they'd gone? I have three adults and six slings in my room, says no pets in the contract so I know about the worry of someone finding out and complaining, but I would probably ball my eyes out to if they were gone, sorry to hear your naff story :(

Maybe you can smuggle them back in a month or so when the heat's died down?

At least you can still "have" them at your boyfriends, they're not sold or dead, but it still sucks!

Yea I would wait for a month or two and just bring them right back in but keep them out of sight. Has your landlord even seen this animals before? what does it say in the lease about pets? What does it say in the lease about TARANTULAS. if it doesnt say you can't have any in there than you can. before they can evict you for havin those it has to say in the lease what kind of pets you can and cant have. plus if those tarantulas never gave anyone a problem especially your roommates then he needs a reason to make you move them to some other location. They have to be a nusence (sp) of some sort which means he needs a reason he can't do stuff out of spite. thats what a lease is, rules and regulations.

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the contract says no animals, not no arachnids. the only reason these girls did this is because they are spiteful. they have been throwing abuse at me for ages an i havent reacted so they did this because they knew it would upset me. Having to get rid of my babies is like being dumped, but it hurts more.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the contract says no animals, not no arachnids. the only reason these girls did this is because they are spiteful. they have been throwing abuse at me for ages an i havent reacted so they did this because they knew it would upset me. Having to get rid of my babies is like being dumped, but it hurts more.
hmm thats funny, if the contract says no animals and he found out you have some how come he didnt just kick you out when he found out you had some? sounds like he maybe able to be talk to. Especially if he is just now finding out you had the animals and you been there for like 6 months or more. Also, maybe you can use your other roommates as references to the fact that your tarantulas arent as bad as they say they are. also even though "no pets" is clear as day to understand what exactly does that mean? like no dogs because they make too much noise or no rodents cause they will reproduce like rabbits?