How long has your male Grammostola rosea lasted after maturing?

Keeper

Arachnopeon
Over the past fifteen or so years of keeping many species of arachnids, I've never held onto many G. rosea males for very long due to trading or selling to other enthusiasts who wanted mates for thier females. Next month (May 08) will mark three years of maturity for the male G. rosea I have. Just curious as to how long any of your guys have lasted.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The infamous "Gladys" the MM G.rosea is almost two years past his UM. And I just took pics of his latest sperm web last week.
I was SO proud of him! :clap:
He's very raggle taggle these days...but gramps still has lead in his pencil. ;)
(at least he thinks so...lol)

Keeper

Arachnopeon
Bravo! Applause to the old man for staying locked and loaded. My old boy "Soliel" seems content to do nothing after 1 spermweb, and surviving a mating with my female "Zoey". Nice pic of Faye Valentine you have there too, btw.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Grammastola aureostriatum MM. (was sold as a girl :( ) lasted almost 4 years after he hooked out. Had him at 70F. He barely ate just drank water. I wish I had not had such a busy life during that period of time and had him breed.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought my Rosebud at a pet store two months ago and he had already matured so don't know how long it has been for him. I have heard other reports about MM roses living well past their UM and I am so glad to hear others saying the same thing. Thanks for this thread. My Rosebud is a sweetie and very low key. He has mated with my MF many times and seems utterly content to just hang.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a male that hooked out in September and is still kicking after 7 months. He stopped eating this year though so I don't think he'll be able to last too much longer. I have another male that just hooked out in February so he's still a youngin.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
My sis-inlaw was given a MM G. rosea 3yrs ago and it is still alive.:confused:

8Pat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all!
I got one already mature from a pet store and kept him for more than a year and a half. That was until one of my females nailed him...
8Pat

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The infamous "Gladys" the MM G.rosea is almost two years past his UM. And I just took pics of his latest sperm web last week.
I was SO proud of him! :clap:
He's very raggle taggle these days...but gramps still has lead in his pencil. ;)
(at least he thinks so...lol)
I'm proud of him too! I bet he has a big goofy grin on his face :p

Sorry, it was too cute.

frtysxan2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got Bob 3 from a pet store already post UM and it is going on three years now that i have had him. so he is atleast 2 3/4 year post UM. yes his my third Bob but they all had different dads. so he is Bob 3 and not Bob the third. he has always been a real jerk. with the exception of my C. crawshayies he is the most aggressive/defensive T i own. very pretty for a rosie though. even at in his old age he is still a looker. nice red phase.

The_Val

Arachnopeon
Well...I got Akira from a friend and I know she bought the T in a pet store about a month ago. It is an already MM and I hope it will last some time...maybe a couple of years.

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got My rosea a year ago in june and still hasn't moulted. I originally thought it was a female so I named her lily, but I think she just layed down a sperm web. what does it look like? her tank is covered thick all over including some on the walls and roof of her tank.... I guess I might have to change her to a he.