Worried about my OBT

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok so I have only had this little guy (about 3 in) for two to three weeks. He has always been very active and aggressive simply if one were to walk near his cage. This morning I looked at him and he is in the top corner of the cage, vertically, and his legs are hanging by his sides. He would not move at all when I got near him or blew lightly on him. I am hoping its going to be a molt situation. Is this normal? Can you help? Thanks.

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OBTs can be arboreal or Terrestrial. The position you are seeing it in is standard for arboreals that are resting. Do some research on your T. Google searches and the search function on this forum are great resources.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=40987

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5292

Read these threads. They've got info that apply to ALL Ts, not just roseas. Part of this hobby is learning and educating yourself. I came into this hobby with NO knowledge whatsoever about a year and a half ago, maybe a little less. Since then I've taken the time to inform myself. Do the same. It makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks, i haven't really had enough time yet to get used to all its characteristics. i appreciate the input.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is it possible it a mature male?
Mature males will wonder around the cage alot looking for a mate.
Look for hooks on it's front legs.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will have to look again but I haven't seen any hooks so far. He is still small too.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes i will post one when i get one. i got an update and he seems to be moving about just fine and dandy so i guess there's no need to worry.