New T's as a beginner

Gagamba

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,for 3 months now I was planning to get my own T. For that span of time I researched and read a lot in this forum. I learned a lot from everyone who contributed in this forum, and I just want to say thanks to all of you.

I've got 3 slings,and I got all of them in a week. Last Monday I got a 1 cm B. albopilosum. Then the next day I got a 1" plus G.rosea. Then Last friday,my friend and I went to this Tarantula sale,and I got a 1cm C. fasciatum.

I know they are all just tiny slings,except for the rosea,I was thinking of getting something bigger or a juvy,but I guess the best way to learn in this hobby is to get sling. And boy,am I having FUN:clap: To see them survive and eat is great.

I'm able to see the stuff that I had read in these forums,and I'm glad that I'm able to find an informative, knowledgeable and most of all,a helpful group of people here in arachnoboards that are willing to share their experiences and help out!

I you have any advice please feel free to post them. But so far everything is going well with my Ts.

Anyway I'm from the Philippines,but I stayed for a couple of months in the US,and I was able to have a T from a cousin,and since then I had been interested.I just felt bad that I can't bring it here,but I was able to get my new babies here in the Phillippines.

Thank you and more power to all of you! and to arachnoboards:clap:

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Welcome to the addiction. 3 slings in one week, sounds like you got it pretty bad.

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good choice in slings, I got those too, same size. If you give the B. Albo a lot of substrate it will dig some really cool burrows, its also a real fast grower. Mine doubled in size last time it molted and it's gettin ready to molt again.

Roehm

Arachnopeon
Congrats on getting your first slings, all of them are great choices for beginner T's. I am rather fond of C. fasciatum my self, they are very beautiful and pretty hardy. I wish you the best of luck with your slings and hopefully they will all grow to be health adults.

Peace,
Dan

Elapid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
3 in the first week, great start!
:D
congrats on your new critters, i hope they thrive for you.

saminthemiddle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Way cool, Gagamba. To tell you the truth I'm in the same situation that you are :)

Radicalmentia: You say the Brachypelma albopilosum grows quickly? I thought that the Brachypelma genus grew slowly... Could someone please clarify; I'm planning on getting a B. albopilosum, B, emilia, or B. vagans as a sling as my first T and I don't want it to grow *too* slowly.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B albopilosum is probably the quickest growing brachypelma. They are still slow growers when compared to say, L parahybana or pamphobeteus and really slow when compared to poecilotheria or... well you get the idea.

B albopilosum is an AWESOME species. i recommend them as the best starter. They're very docile, quite attractive, grow quickly, and are aggro eaters.

saminthemiddle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, etown. I'm probably going to get the B. albopilosum and the B. emilia just because I can :)

Gagamba: here's hoping your Rosie's a red phase G. rosea, those are my favorites. So pretty <3

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha yeah, B. Albo is a somewhat slow grower, but compared to my other brachys and aphonopelmas, it's a weed. I've had an 1/4" A. waconum for 6 months and it hasn't grown at all, now that is slow.

Gagamba

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the addiction. 3 slings in one week, sounds like you got it pretty bad.
Yup I got it pretty bad. But this is one addiction that I would like to have{D

Sorry if this was the only time I was able to post,the place that I'm going home doesn't have an internet. But it is far away from all the pollution and noise! perfect place for my T's also. Just dropped by in our home in the city where we have internet.just prefer a quiet and relaxing place to stay,cause here in the Philippines,especially in the City,IT'S VERY HOT:mad:

anyway thanks for all the replies,now it really makes me feel being part of the family,hehehehe:D

Gagamba

Arachnopeon
Congrats on getting your first slings, all of them are great choices for beginner T's. I am rather fond of C. fasciatum my self, they are very beautiful and pretty hardy. I wish you the best of luck with your slings and hopefully they will all grow to be health adults.

Peace,
Dan
Thanks,well I'm hoping for it to grow quickly,because I really like the way it looks as adults.so far it is eating a lot and was making a lot of cool excavations. it is making a cone in the middle of the vial,not even a burrow.i don't know what it's up to,but it is cool:cool:

Gagamba

Arachnopeon
Thanks, etown. I'm probably going to get the B. albopilosum and the B. emilia just because I can :)

Gagamba: here's hoping your Rosie's a red phase G. rosea, those are my favorites. So pretty <3
The guy that I bought it from said its the red color form,so yeah,hopefully it turns out to be red.Get the B.albopilosum,so far no problems,only that i won't run out of feeders.....

saminthemiddle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's pretty cool Gagamba. I had no idea that you could predict a sling's color form before it grew up. I thought that it was just sort of random.

Anyway, for your internet, couldn't you get a dailup account and run it through your phone? Or are you so far away from the city that you don't have a phone.

To tell the truth not having a phone would be really nice. Here in the states we are in an election cycle (who am I kidding, it's not even close to election time). Anyway, we get political calls and pollsters calling every hour it seems, especially around dinner.

Gagamba

Arachnopeon
That's pretty cool Gagamba. I had no idea that you could predict a sling's color form before it grew up. I thought that it was just sort of random.

Anyway, for your internet, couldn't you get a dailup account and run it through your phone? Or are you so far away from the city that you don't have a phone.

To tell the truth not having a phone would be really nice. Here in the states we are in an election cycle (who am I kidding, it's not even close to election time). Anyway, we get political calls and pollsters calling every hour it seems, especially around dinner.
I know,I stayed for 6months in the US.lots of political calls and telemarketers!very irritating:mad:

Just got home here less than 2 weeks ago.About the color,i really don't know what color it would turn out,it's just what the seller told me,so I'm hoping that it would be a red color form.i can't predict what a T would look like,i'm just a beginner:)

I guess its just by choice,our house here in the city have everything,internet and stuff.but in the other house,the same,but no phone and cable tv(i dont watch tv anyway).its not a problem,i have a cell phone and i could go here anytime,it's just 45minutes away.