New Lizard

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I got a new lizard today he is a baby. I dunno what kind it is but it was wondering my parents room the last two or three days and my dad caught him and now he wants to raise him. I know for a fact that he is a gecko i just don't know what kind of gecko he is. I fed him some of my mexican red knee baby crickets and he ate them so that is the first step. What esle should I do to this little lizard to keep him in good health ?? He is also very fast i would try to handle him but he is to fast and I am afraid that he will disconnect his tail so I just left him alone for now. He is also bout 2 inches baybe a little shorter.

Sam,

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I have a wild cought Anole, maybe thats what you have.
A friend found one while they were on vacation in Texas
and brought it home to Michigan. Well, now its mine because
her kids would not take care of it.
They are easy to take care of, give it a simple cage.
I have mine in a small glass tank with a water bowl, a fake
branch to climb on and peat for substrate.
Crickets will be good for food, just dust them with calcium powder.

One important thing, make sure the food item is small enough
because it could choke on food that is too large.

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
should I have a hide log in there so he can hide ??

Sam,

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Post a picture of the little guy :D !!!

~~~Psycho~~~

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since he is so fast it was kinda hard to get a pic of him because he kept moving around and when he stayed in one spot I hurried up and took a pic of him before he started to move agian..... well enjoy

Sam,

Attachments

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks kind of like the geckos that I have wandering inside and outside of my house. I've found a few baby ones, but a lot of adult ones. I don't know much about their carem because I haven't kept geckos before.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm guessing it's a Mediterranean gecko (Hemidactylus turcicus), an introduced species that has hitchhiked all over the world. The climate of the American southwest suits them well.

Wade

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like a tuscon banded gecko to me.........does the striped pattern go all the way up to its head? if so, it is probably a tuscon banded gecko, the Mediterranean gecko's body is not striped but spotted. if you can't get a clearer picture than I can scan and post my field guide picture to show the tuscon banded gecko.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
tucson banded gecko info from "The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians"

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
second part of tucson banded gecko info from field guide book

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's hard to say....:( I can't tell. Sorry for the crappy pic but it is really hard to get a pic of him because he keeps moving here are some more a little better then the first one.

Sam,

Attachments

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Then it's a medeteranian. The banded gecoes cannot climb smooth surfaces.

Wade