In light of.....

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In light of what happened recently I am going to restrict my selling to only people I know. If you are a new buyer wanting to buy from me I will only sell to you if someone I know can vouch for who you are. I hate to have to be cautious like this, but when I have someone threatening me like this, this is about the only way I can protect myself.

karen allen <karenallen1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Do not worry my friend I am not the only one going to drag you throw the mud keep on your toe's I have friends in all place's good night

Last edited:

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow. This seems intense.

I agree with your decision, although I think this might not be the best place to list it.

You, too, have mates who can drag mud on people, Talken. I can fling poop too.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, I really don't understand why this person has a problem with you. Its not like you come off threatening or anything. What do you think you could have done to piss this person off? I read the other thread but i really didn't believe anything that they were saying in it...

Bob

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes I did, and I am not travis. Although I agree with your position on this, I was just simple stating without malice, that maybe this should belong in the "Ryan" section on reviews? That's all. :)

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't get that it should be in his reviews... all you said before is that it should be left to PM's

Taylor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You have had a rough time of it lately. I hope I count as someone you know!!{D I am hording money to spend of a few of your slings soon!
(dont tell the Mr.):eek:
Tay

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ryan I really don't understand why everyone has to toy with you all the time.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whatever the case, it is clear that a reputable seller is basically partially closing his doors and that information does belong somewhere on the boards. I think the announcements section is as good a place as any. But the people above have a point, Ryan. You are going to have to put this information in your ads in the "For Sale" section from here on out.

I think it's really sad that you feel you have to do this, but I do understand. Why would you want to open yourself up to accidently getting involved in the stupid games of some clearly disturbed people? If I were in your shoes I'm not sure I wouldn't have done the same thing a long time ago.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ryan I really don't understand why everyone has to toy with you all the time.
Part of it is my fault. I should not post as much as I do on here it puts a target on my back. But it is tough when you have a job that puts you in front of a computer 42 hours a week. This site has kept me from dying of boredom many,many times. {D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ryan, it saddens me to see someone like yourself who's done so much for the hobby apparently pulling back from it. I hope you'll keep doing what you do in spite of this issue with one psycho anger-monger who had nothing better to do than spread his/her misery around.

When you've sold all the slings you have now do you think you'll keep up the same pace with breeding? You've had such success with the poecilotheria genus alone, it would really be a loss to the hobby if you stopped producing because of this one particularly bad experience.

Karen a or spdrgod or whoever it is seems like some stupid mixed up kid. He/she was probably miserable and angry before this experience and will remain so afterwards as well. I feel sorry for her (him?). There was nothing you could have done to make things right with that individual.

bugster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't let them win!!

It might seem safer to pull back a little and only sell to those you know, but in a sense that's really just punishing yourself by cutting off a lot of genuine business opportunities. Maybe you know enough people that you can still make a sizable amount of business from those folks, but don't (in essence) punish yourself for the sake of a few bad eggs!! Don't let them win!!

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes.. ryan...

dont let no little boys scare ya..beside.. so wat if he have friend.. like they cant think for themselve and do a stupid favor thta can put their rear behind bars for sometime..man is that stupid or just aka as down..well behind the words "down" is the word jackass behind it...dont worry ryan i got ur back..

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont know you personally Ryan but you've always come across as one of the good guys. I understand your need to be a bit more careful about who you have dealings with but hold your head up and dont let the problems of a couple of people get you down when you have so many good guys around too.

hugs xx

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You have to do whats in your best interest, no one can make tough decisions for you, however, most rants like this is just digital bravado and nothing more.

There have to be laws governing digital threats. I wonder what this idiot would do when a court subpeona lands on mommys front door{D I hear the poop in pants already!!!

PIG-

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't get that it should be in his reviews... all you said before is that it should be left to PM's

either way. {D

Forensic: Yes I did, and I am not travis.
Travis I am not in the mood right now to play games.

Obviously by calling me Travis after I told I am not Travis, you are in the mood to play games. ;P

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it was appropriate to post this here - I mean, it is an announcement pertaining to tarantulas, right? If you stuck it in the ads section it would get washed over by the other billion and a half ads out there :p . This probably doesn't need to stay on page 1 for more than a day or two but I am glad you posted it here - I come to this forum a lot more often than the FS/T or any of the other related Classifieds forums (for the sole reason that I will severely damage the wallet in doing so).
Anyhow, I agree with most of what everyone else has said. You have helped the poecilotheria flourish and I'm willing to bet that many people that would not have had one otherwise, have gotten one because you have thousands of slings running around and are selling them for a reasonable price. :D I can understand that you don't want a bunch of boobs ruining it for you, but it sounds to me that 99% of us know who you really are and will not let one person (or two or whatever) ruin our perception of you.
Sorry this was so long-winded. Anyhow, my personal opinion is to just keep on selling like you always have. Put this stinky past behind you where it belongs and help people realize their pokie dreams! (hehe) {D
Best wishes/thoughts always,
~Alexis