eating habits

ski

Arachnopeon
hey everyone i have a b. vagan as i've been told with the help of some of you guys. thanks for the info but to my question, my t seems to not want to eat for a little while before it molts. is this normal behaviour?
any info would be great
thanks
ski

Shogun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
very normal. Just about all T's do this, although my OBT ate the night before it molted once. That was strange.

Just wanted to add, that sometimes they even will go for months without eating before a molt, which is also normal as long as the abdomen doesnt get really small or start to shrivel.

ski

Arachnopeon
very normal. Just about all T's do this, although my OBT ate the night before it molted once. That was strange.

Just wanted to add, that sometimes they even will go for months without eating before a molt, which is also normal as long as the abdomen doesnt get really small or start to shrivel.
thanks for the info.
if the abdomen does this is that a sign that it's going to die?

Shogun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not necesarily...shrivled means it is dehydrated, a shrinking abdomen and refusal to eat can be nothing, or it can be a serious problem. Luckily tho, health problems are pretty uncommon in tarantuals, unless wild caught.

ski

Arachnopeon
Not necesarily...shrivled means it is dehydrated, a shrinking abdomen and refusal to eat can be nothing, or it can be a serious problem. Luckily tho, health problems are pretty uncommon in tarantuals, unless wild caught.
cool thanks again