My P. leiosoma is Acting Strange???

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. Leiosoma is just hanging upside down from the screen part of the cage. It has been doing it for over 1 1/2 days. I can't get hi to come down. The enclosure is clean and well kept after. Any ideas why he might be doing this? Is it normal. None of the scorpions I have ever had have done this.
Kelly

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had one do it, but the humidity levels got a little higher than she wanted them to be at, directly on the surface in the enclosure. She was up there for about four days, then she finally came down once the humidity dropped, so I moved everything out that was tall enough for her to reach the screen and she hasn't been able to get back up there since. I also had an H. longimanus who seemed to prefer to be on the screen almost all of the daylight hours. I never could figure out what his deal was. This is one reason why the vast majority of my enclosures use glass tops, etc. Plus, there are no ways for a scorpion to loose their claws on the tarsus (you might know them as feet claws) this way.

adios,
edw.

rainman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that sounds similar to what my desert hairy did once. it got a little wetter than it should've been, due to me acidentally spilling a small amount of water in the tank. it was up there for 2 days. just chillin and walkin up side down. the sand dried and it came back down and dug another burrow.