New genus found: "Slow-Poec"ilotheria

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My baby 1.25" slow-poke is just taking its time to molt. Its been 1 month with no molts. Its well feed hasnt eaten in 2wks or so, is enjoying a small heat mat on the wall that it uses non-stop, gets a good misting twice a week.

Its very active when distrubed, has built itself a nice burrow. It appears content and comfortable(it spends all day outside its burrow, only running in when disturbed).

I know I just need to be patient, but I certainly expected a 2 month old sling to grow a bit faster.

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm in the exact same situation. I've got a little 1.5" P. Regalis that hasn't eaten since I got it almost 2 months ago. It's quite active and healthy, and spends most of it's time out and about, but part of me is like "come on already!!!":wall:

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got 4 formosa about a month ago, 2 have eaten, molted and eaten again. The other two are taking their own sweet time with it. :wall:

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Might not be the same genus or anything, but I've had my L parahybana sling for 10 months, and he's hardly pushing 1.5". I've read they should be easily 5" by now... now THATS a slow poke :p

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Might not be the same genus or anything, but I've had my L parahybana sling for 10 months, and he's hardly pushing 1.5". I've read they should be easily 5" by now... now THATS a slow poke :p
Wow. I had a .75 inch L. parahybana that became a full Ultimate male in 9 months (7 inch)

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well what do you know...the sling molted this evening. I noticed that it looked to be up-side down in its burrow when I showed it to my nephew this afternoon. it looked to have webbed itslef down on its back.

I should have known it was coming, it stopped hanging out on the heat mat made a very good burrow with a tight tube entrance and back door. It spent the last 2 days in there and didnt eat a couple of days ago.

I didnt notice any change in color, darkening, etc.

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I updated my other post...2.5yrs old...only 3 inches leg span front to rear. Its a slow grower I guess.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
He he. I've got a 1.5 inch smithi that's molted once in the 4 months I've had her. She's slow, but she'll be with me a long time. :D

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 3.7 inch B. smithi is going to molt today, she made herself a molting mat yesturday and throw her hair away. She is going to molt second time this year allready!;P