g rosea and g rosea red phase? confuzed lol

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i know the red phase is redish but do normal roseas go threw a "red phase" or is just a breed that is pretty much that color for most of there life?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Even normal rosea may look very bright reddish right after a molt, but no, a true redphase rosea is like that from the moment it develops its adult coloration, afaik.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
K, i havea regular rosea but i lvoe the red phase so i might purchase one. Quesion thoe, would it be considered a hybrid if i mated a reuglar rosea with a red phase or would it not even work.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its just a variation. They do not really go in phases like red this year, brown the next. However, they do get duller when approaching a molt, so over the time of that current instar, the color will change a bit. But a rosie who molts really really red one molt doesn't molt into a brown and dull rosie next molt.

M.C. Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's another thread about this somewhere. As far as breeding goes there have been cases where brown/brown breeding have produced browns and reds in the same sack but I'm assuming it would have to do with the genetic background of Ts that were bred. Personally I wouldn't mix the two colors.
To Crazy Monkey, yes thats a brown. The RCF (Red Color Form) rosies are more copper/red when they are nearing a molt from what I've seen. I need to take a few before shots of the ones I have but here's what they look like after the molt.

nico p

Arachnopeon
There's another thread about this somewhere. As far as breeding goes there have been cases where brown/brown breeding have produced browns and reds in the same sack but I'm assuming it would have to do with the genetic background of Ts that were bred. Personally I wouldn't mix the two colors.
To Crazy Monkey, yes thats a brown. The RCF (Red Color Form) rosies are more copper/red when they are nearing a molt from what I've seen. I need to take a few before shots of the ones I have but here's what they look like after the molt.

isnt this a g. concepcion?

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is a g. concepcion a sub species of rosea or is it just a fancy name for the RCF?

Last edited:

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
...it can't be a hybrid if they're the exact same species. :confused:
It would be nice to get that species cleared up, I've read that some experts feel they are two seperate species, but are getting hybridized(sp?) for some time now...

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah thats what i wondering if it would be hyrbid becasue to diffrent types and what not. If i could mate them fine i would probly get a mate for my rosea and have it red phase. O well, i love my rosea so ill get another red phase most likley

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah thats what i wondering if it would be hyrbid becasue to diffrent types and what not
As far as I know, brown G. rosea x red G. rosea is no more a hybrid than a brown-haired human breeding with a red-haired human. Especially since there seems to be no real tie between color phase and genetics - I've seen many threads where people say they've gotten all three common color forms of G. rosea from the same eggsack, from any combination of parents (brown x brown, brown x pink carapace, brown x red, pink carapace x pink carapace, red x red, and so on).

deez8legz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looks like a regular rosie to me. Watch her color in the next few weeks she looks like she may be about to molt I know mine is.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
They're the same species, found in the same eggsacks.. not hybrids.

Ricky: your rosea is normal.

-Sean

Ricki123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
molt?

Looks like a regular rosie to me. Watch her color in the next few weeks she looks like she may be about to molt I know mine is.
She shed only 2-3 months ago, shes already a fair size 4-5 inches, I only fed her yesterday and she dived on the cricket at the first feel of vibration as it hit the substrate.:) :)

Not sure shes due but might be... I know the last time she molted she didnt feed for a few months before it.... could be wrong.;)

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At that size I doubt she'll molt for another year at least.