My haul from the BTS show yesterday

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Went to the annual BTS exhibition yesterday, had a great day (anyone in the UK who hasn't been, go next year!) and got some nice new additions to my collection.

My housemate was after a G. pulchra. We saw this unsexed juvie but he decided to risk leaving it and look for a female, which he quickly found so he was happy. I decided to go back and get this little one as G. pulchra are hard to come by in this country and it was a good deal for £15.

once I got home I could get a good look at it ventrally. I know this pic is blurry and a bad angle but if you know well what Grammostola look like then maybe you can see why now I think it was an even better deal :D

This is an H. maculata, take my word for it, lol. Tiny cute thing!

A. geniculata, because I am so in love with my first sling of this species that I had to get another one with my last bit of cash yesterday

My 'mystery spider' which my housemate bought me, since been ID'd as Bonnetina rudloffi. Very sweet little thing and I didn't have this genus yet so I am very happy with it.

I got 5 little P. regalis and now have my first communal setup. I am totally stoked about this, it's so cool to see them in there together. Getting them in there was interesting, I ended up having to fridge spiders for the first time ever. I still keep nearly freaking out when one of them climbs on another tho as I can't get my head around spiders being near each other and not fighting. One of them is refusing to hang out with the other 4 and is staying hidden down on the ground, I hope it's ok.

The pride and joy of the haul I got yesterday, a big adult female G. aureostriata! I have been looking for a girl for my male for about a year so I am really happy to have got one finally. And besides that she is just gorgeous, and sooo sweet and calm, like he used to be before he matured. Chacos rock! :D

I also got a tiny P. irminia sling, but it is totally settled inside its bark tube and there's no way I'm trying to get a spider that small and quick to come out for a photo.

In short, yesterday was :D

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep the food around and those regalis will do fine. Mine are thriving. Good luck! And congrats on the new editions! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your 'mystery' spider, Bonnetina rudloffi, looks like a Brachypelma Emilia. Just a thought.

Otherwise, you got a lot of nice Ts. I wished I lived in England so I could have gone! :)

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
An unsexed juvi G. pulchra for about $28... yeah... wish I could find a deal like that on this side of the pond. Congrats. :clap:

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Keep the food around and those regalis will do fine. Mine are thriving. Good luck! And congrats on the new editions! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for the reassurance, I got scared by a guy at a pet shop today who was adamant that rufilata and subfusca are the only Pokies that can be kept communally, and that my guys will start eating each other when they hit about 2 inches :(

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
My 'mystery spider' which my housemate bought me, since been ID'd as Bonnetina rudloffi. Very sweet little thing and I didn't have this genus yet so I am very happy with it.
How did you come to learn it is rudloffi, and not say, cyaneifemur?

-Sean

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How did you come to learn it is rudloffi, and not say, cyaneifemur?

-Sean
The stall he bought it from was handing out caresheets and moult records with all their spiders and they have it labelled as rudloffi. I assume they have it right, if not I don't know how I'd tell as the two look so similar from photos.

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was so cross with myself when i realised it was the BTS show an that i missed it! im glad you had a nice time, i will be going next year :) although to make up for missing it i bought myself 25 new slings lol, so im not really that bummed now :D

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An unsexed juvi G. pulchra for about $28... yeah... wish I could find a deal like that on this side of the pond. Congrats. :clap:
Yes, but...15 pounds is about equivalent to $30. The US dollar isn't doing so well lately. I lived in Scotland for 5 years and am in a lot of debt from it (though mostly school expenses).