A L.Cristatus named Mork

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well this is Mork.
We got him at a whopping half inch three months ago and he's been eating and growing and eating and growing since.
Mork is a feisty little bug that regularly pushes the substrate around in his spacious deli bowl home.

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After a rousing game of "push the little plastic dolphine around" which for some weird reason he does all the time...

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mork trundles off to get a drink at his personal water dish.. a standard milk jug lid.......

Mork is starting to Really show his adult coloring. Which we are pleased about as we are definate "color junkies".
He just keeps getting gaudier and gaudier each molt.

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I said it before and I will say it again. Mork can be feisty and isn't afraid to throw up a threat at the first invasion into his territory.....

Charming huh?

We call Mork a he for no odd reason other then the twins named him Mork. Were Mork to turn out female. Mork would still be Mork.....

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nor is Mork shy about giving an impressive lunge,, if he feels his plastic dolphine,, or in this case, his lunch, is being looked at crosseyed....

Does that face just wanna make ya give him a big ol smooch?

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Though Mork has never tagged the tongs with his fangs. He Does give them a solid tap with his palps then struts around with his rear sticking straight up before turning, throwing up a threat again and waiting to tap. He has Never turned down a meal, and I can see a molt coming up again for him soon.
So far I am Really impressed with this species. They don't seem picky at all, they eat well and don't much seem to care what it is as long as it moves and they can put a chomp on it. This one seldom uses it's hide and is always Right out there in plain view. So is turning into a Great display T.
The markings and color are a definate plus, as is growth rate.
A Very satisfying to own tarantula.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have one I got at the same time, same size and she's still a half inch.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oooo purdy! Stylish name too! My neighbour had a cat named mindy, but a car wheel saw it's demise

Arn't they classed as Vitalius Cristatus? Or is it just another case of "which genus to stick it in" or am I mistook?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrates rosehaired1979.

Godzilla2000 all ours does is eat and grow and eat and grow. Next to the parynanner it's the fastes growing T we have. It's shooting right past the others in growth speed.

deifiler the Twins never saw Mork and Mindy. It's just the name they came up with on their own. They say it Looks like a Mork...
Shame about the kitterpancakes. It might be one of those name things. But I see them listed as this all the time.
I'd really Love to get a few more of these. Just impressing the hells out of me all the time. :)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by deifiler
oooo purdy! Stylish name too! My neighbour had a cat named mindy, but a car wheel saw it's demise

Arn't they classed as Vitalius Cristatus? Or is it just another case of "which genus to stick it in" or am I mistook?

They were classified in Vitalius but were moved to Lasiodora, as far as I know.

Beautiful pics, Nixy! I have a tiny cristata and I can't wait to see him/her at that size!

kellygirl

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they're really cool Ts.

I demand my little ladies be housed next to the cristatus when they're spending time over there ;P (sorry again i can't do the breeding, i'll be away).

they're such cool Ts. Do you notice that yours pumps his abdomen up and down alot, or... did i confuse your post? ;)

peace
dave

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Kelly :)

And Dave your ladies will have the best view in the house. :)
Hehehehe Dave... He sticks his abdomin strait up in the air. Almost pointing full vertical and strusts on his tip toes. I'm supposing he wants to look frighteing.
But it cracks me up.....
Firey little bug!
No worries on the breeding hon. The gals will be spoiled rotten and Hopefuly mothers in no time. :)
Enjoy your trip.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Godzilla2000 all ours does is eat and grow and eat and grow. Next to the parynanner it's the fastes growing T we have. It's shooting right past the others in growth speed.
Hmmmmmm.......*shrugs* maybe I have a female? I've read that generally females take longer to grow than males.

hillie16

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I named my A. Seemanni SGT.Stripes, because it's stripes are so pronounced. LOL. She seems very docile though, has not shown her fangs to anything but food, and if I need to move something in her enclosure, I can nudge her gently away from it with a pencil, and she'll wait patiently for me to finish whatever I'm doing, then stroll over and check it out.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I want a Costa Rican Zebra as well but I am sure our L.Cristatus will be a treat even though it won't be handable :)