Medical/First Aid ?: Bent fangs

PatrickV80

Arachnopeon
I have a spiderling (~1") versicolor which molted out with what i am afraid will be a fatal problem. both of its fangs are bent. one faces out straight forward and has no curve at all to it. one curls under sideways and so much as to almost loop back on itself. it seems like the kind of problem which would self correct possibly during the next molt the only problem being that it is incapable of feeding with this problem so i am not sure i can get it to molt.

Anyone have this problem before and successfully remedy it?

I have been brainstorming on how to fix it and come up with ideas but none of them seem like they are possible.

1. force feed it somehow....yeah right.....no one has a magic trick for this right?
2. get it to molt again without feeding.....any way to encourage a molt in a starving spider?
3. get it to eat anyways.....any way to get a basically fangless spider to consume some calories itself?

anyone have any other ideas which i may not have thought of or have a magic solution on how to make any of the above work?

thanks
patrick

bugster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
another thread

There's another recent thread posted by Talkenlate about his sling that was very similar. He called it "Quartertard" so you can search for that and read about what he tried. Most ppl suggested smashing a cricket or slitting the cricket's abdomen so he can suck up the inside mush without having to make the actual kill.

PatrickV80

Arachnopeon
There's another recent thread posted by Talkenlate about his sling that was very similar. He called it "Quartertard" so you can search for that and read about what he tried. Most ppl suggested smashing a cricket or slitting the cricket's abdomen so he can suck up the inside mush without having to make the actual kill.

read through that thread. some good info. i might try a mashed creicket. the main difference here is that unfortunately he was doign just fine and normal before and this deformity seems to be related to a bad molt and physical damage rather than genetic deformity. if i can get a single new normal molt out of him all should be well.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
ya, you should be able to mush up a crick and feed it that way.