1cm spiderlings, feeding them? plz

tempusxiii

Arachnopeon
These new spiderlings of mine are the smallest that I have tried to rear, you guys got any suggestions (except the obvious 'why didn't you check first' I know I'm an idiot).

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what type of spider and there is plenty of things to feed slings,
ie. colembola(spring tails) and vestigial winged fruit flies :)

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
smashed a small cricket's head or slice meal worm into peice and leave it in there over night ~
if food not eatten, remove it and try again some other day
~

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pluck the hind leg off a big fat cricket and feed them that. Kids like drumsticks.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well... you could try with pinhead crickets or only cut one leg from a large cricket and use it to feed your tiny sling

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
curly hair 8mm sling and mexican red knee 12mm sling

ive had success feeding my slings dead crickets of any size up to their leg span, i crush their head so they are definitely dead then leave them over night and whats left in the morning is always a small ball of leftovers which i remove with tweezers. and the mexican red knee has tackled crickets up to about two thirds of its size. good luck

saminthemiddle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with everybody on the carrion thing however I leave my food in longer than overnight as some of my slings take more time to realize something edible is up there.

tempusxiii

Arachnopeon
your relies

thanx for your replies I'll find the cricket that sounds like a herniated starling and take it apart......literally :evil:

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wondering, people always talk about cricket/fruit flies for slings. Is a small dubia roach nymph ok?

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"I'll find the cricket that sounds like a herniated starling and take it apart......literally"
:clap: LMAO :clap:

jen1302

Arachnopeon
{D My slings i feed small/medium cricket legs, fruit flies and some even take whole small brown and silent micro crickets.

Last edited: