cobalt blue or green bottle blue?

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well im looking for a third t, and i cant decide between these two. i wanted to get some opinions on which one is less flighty, and less skittish. also can someone please fill me in on which one you would rather have? thanks to replies!

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
which one is less flighty, and less skittish.
They're both generally flighty and skittish; the cobalt is more likely to bite you (and it will hurt like crazy) and the GBB is more likely to kick hairs. GBB will be visible, cobalt will not.

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh ok thanks, and as far as maintanence who would be more likely to escape?

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The more visible one would be more likely to escape, obviously.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Green bottle blue, without a doubt.

Though if you want to simulate owning a cobalt blue. Fill a tank with substrate, dig a hole in it and toss a cricket in there weekly. Exactly the same as actually owning one and much cheaper.

fang333999

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ok well im getting the gbb, and its about 2 inches. what should i house it in, and i should keep it bone dry right? or should i have some humidity since its a sling? thanks

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Unless you like a hole with 2 legs sticking out (probably not even that most of the time) I'd go with GBB.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
ok well im getting the gbb, and its about 2 inches. what should i house it in, and i should keep it bone dry right? or should i have some humidity since its a sling? thanks
Bone dry substrate, mist weekly. They tend to web up up so much that using a waterdish is impractical. They are from a very arid region so they are okay with what moisture they recieve from food and water sprayed on the web weekly.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh ok thanks, and as far as maintanence who would be more likely to escape?
The cobalt blue is like greased lightening. You won't see it until it bites you. I think the cobalt blue is more likely to escape. It is the worst of all worlds. Very overrated. I'd rather have a rosie.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bone dry substrate, mist weekly. They tend to web up up so much that using a waterdish is impractical. They are from a very arid region so they are okay with what moisture they recieve from food and water sprayed on the web weekly.
No misting required. I put my 2" GBB in a bone dry setup and its now 3". I NEVER mist. Its just not necessary. You can see the moss I put in dried out. I just put it there for decorations. I have seen my GBB drink water from its water dish.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Something is wrong with that last picture.

No webbing.
Mine just webs one side of the enclosure. She (Its a sexed female) made a nice tunnel and covered the ceilings of the tunnel with pieces of moss she yanked off the ground. I know that many say it webs the whole enclosure but mine never has. She has been in there for about 6-7 months and since day 2 in the enclosure she chose to webs one area. It has an entrance and an exit and she encloses herself in every day and comes out almost every night. She is very very active.

She also has a cave in the enclosure setup I made but though I have seen her in there, she never stays there. She prefers her tunnel.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd rather go for the GBB, if the choice were one or the other, but I'm getting both tomorrow! :D

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool, my big girl was in half of a split 10 gallon tank, it was so covered with web that I recently removed the divider and gave her the entire tank.

Overnight she webbed the perimeter of the new area, and has been adding a bit of webbing here an there ever since.

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Both of those options are on my list of Ts to get eventually, but I have GBB listed first (saving the cobalt for when I have gotten MUCH MUCH more experience), so my vote would be fore the GBB (and you can always get a cobalt at a later time! {D ) GBBs are more visible, and from what I've heard are less likely to actively come after you if distrubed (hair kicks though). I believe they are semi-arboreal and like bone dry substrate. They often web alot. Should be alot of fun! Enjoy!