A few of my favorites !

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got bored and decided to take some pictures of my favorite species :)
C. elegans adult GRAVID as all gravidness! look at those colors.. sheesh I love em!

Why I love orthochirus
BEST BUDS !

Hottentotta tamulus from Pakistan (Most aggressive species hands down{D )

Annnnd last but not least, C. meisei adult female

Almost forgot one of old,yet still one of the best! H. caboverdensis

I'll have some more coming later, pretty dang tired and trying to remember how to take macro shots {D {D

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool!, nice pics. Does the Hottentotta tamulus whip it's tail a lot and fast? That's the impression I get from looking at it.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool!, nice pics. Does the Hottentotta tamulus whip it's tail a lot and fast? That's the impression I get from looking at it.
Very much so , easily the most violent scorpion I have ever seen, they all are.. it's really scary when I had my colony of 40 I would wake up at night because I could hear them running around, had to get up and make sure the lids were secure :8o

great pics! your first specimen is absolutely stunning!!
Thanks, they are marvelous specimens for sure!
Seeing them in person is awesome, they have such definition.

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always liked orthochirus, but they are just too small!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some fuji something or other, my GF uses a canon rebel XTi so I will be using that for todays photos :)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys, some of you may have noticed I posted a thread in the For Sale section for some of these species. Well in my excitement/rush to get a thread up I messed up the pricing. I will continue to post pics of these new Cent. species here tonight (hopefully with better lighting!) and then some time on Friday or Saturday I will post a new thread offering some for sale. Keep in mind my main goal, and that of my former company Scorp Corp, were always the propagation of rare species like this in the US, and as such I prefer to sell in breeding groups (the new for sale will reflect this.)

Purchasing from me will also give you the option of signing up for my mailing list which will include even rarer species that I will not be offering to the "general public", only to experienced keepers, or those who have bought from me before.

No worries though, as I wouldn't have been able to ship until Tuesday (sort of crippled from car wreck). Stay tuned though. Lots of interesting stuff will become available this summer, especially to those on my mailing list.

Thanks for those who showed interest in these, and feel free to PM me if we are already in talks for the newer pricing, be sure to check back later (in the For Sale forum of course) for better pics and a new pricing lay out!

As for this thread, stay tuned for more awesome pics of the these new Centruroides species later tonight. Hopefully I can get the Digital Rebel up and running, but if not I will use my light box + Fuji which has given me much success in the past.

Thanks - Ryan.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've always liked orthochirus, but they are just too small!
you learn to love them, they have SO much personality. They are some of my all time favorites, bar none. Fat little tanks they are. Don't let the small size fool you, these guys are full of personality and guts!

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NICE!
for some reason i find centruroides especialy awesome
have you ever kept c.robertoi or c.arctimanus?
Some of the lesser known centruroides but so awesome

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I've kept a few arctimanus, unfortunately I acquired them right before I had to liquidate my collection to move to Asia. Chiapensis were another favorite of mine I was forced to part with, you can see picture I took of a mating couple I had on the Scorpion Files.

The bani, elegans, and meisei are quickly becoming new favorites though. One of the reason I love centruroides are that they are so hardy, much more so than tityus species, and there is such a wide variety of them out there, just not many in the US (until now heh.)

Anyways, I'd working on my light box right now so I can hopefully really capture the stunning colors of these species.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Babies out of the the Centruroides already! I told you they were gravid! Pics to follow! BIIIIG broods.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep. First C. meisei birth in the USA :clap:

Told you it wouldn't take long to get back on my (crippled) feet ;)

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So the way things are shaping up I will be offering C. meisei breeding groups for (relatively cheap), one C. Bani pair, 1-2 C. elegans pair. Keep in mind all the females are gravid, and each birth will be the first time that species gave birth in the US. Exciting stuff!

That was always the goal of my now defunct "company" Scorp Corp. Get as much diversity in the scorp hobby as there is in the T aspect of things. I knew I said I wouldn't bring the site back, but I will be needing somewhere to host all these hi-res photos so I likely will by some web space ;P Also a convenient spot to post my/the company's/organization's goals.

Wish Xaranx was here to take my photos {D

They're coming soon enough guys, just got to finish watching the Eastern Conference (NBA) game and then its nothin' but glamor shots time :drool:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well that was partly my goal. I was a bit frustrated that T's have so much more diversity mostly because of their popularity. ScorpionForum was created to help the newbs and to give a more detailed forum for people to learn and maybe spark some more interest in these fascinating creatures. It seems to be working so I'm pretty proud of myself. But I feel you man I don't even have a camera to post up pictures. If you need any help with your site let me know I'll be happy to volunteer.

HKronos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow! These pics blew me away, any that consider scorpions ugly creatures this is the thread to refer them to. Extraordinary!

Highly anticipating those other pics. {D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok this is the first documented birth of C. meisei in the USA, a major milestone in the hobby no doubt. I have many gravid females, and male partners for them in case they aren't gravid yet (most are fat as evident by these pictures, keep in mind, the scorp in the picture is actually FATTER than the one in the second picture was yesterday :eek: ) So plenty more are on the way! With out further ado, here are the lovely ladies:

Wow, she IS rather gravid looking don't you think? Well here is her distant cousin, who 24 hours ago was actually skinnier than the one pictured above. Here she is today with a decent sized brood of 20 or so of the first C. meisei instars born in the US on her back :drool:

For those interested, male and female (likely gravid already) breeding pairs will be available tomorrow in the For Sale section for a very reasonable price, I will also be taking pre-orders on the instars on her back. Be a part of hobby history and ensure this beautiful, overlooked species thrives in the US and one day becomes as common as emperors!

more pics of the other species to come either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long my wreck-meds take to kick in. peace and love to all, let's keep the hobby growing! - Ryan