Question about P.irminia

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so i just orderd my second T. I ended up purchasing a P. irminia (suntiger), my question was among searching threw the forums and other sites. it seems some say that slings/juvies prefer a terrestrial type of setup. others say arboreal. i know the species is arboreal, so should i just set up my tank for a arboreal? The T is 1in in size. i was thinking of just using my CC which is a small and turning it upright for now. please let me know what u guys think. thanks

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 2 slings, 2 sub adults, and 1 mature Female, and they all went through the same process, as slings, they created a web imbeded with dirt close to the bottom of the enclosure. The larger they got the higher in the enclosures they went. Now most have large tube webs with multiple entrances and the largest has no web at all.

Hope this helps
PIG-

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Make sure you have a enough substrate for them to burrow!

Great choice BTW, great spiders.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I only have one, who came home at 1.75". She was in a small round KK, with strate and a piece of cork. She built herself a burrow out of webbing and strate, under the angle of the cork.

Three molts later, she is now 3", and in a new home. Same basic setup, larger scale. She again has built at the bottom of the cork, making a thin web tube, using strate for decor/camoflage. I do get to see her more though, since the tank is bigger and she hasn't done a heavy web job.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a couple around 1 in now. They are in the 2 in dia vials. What size container will I need when they grow up, a small or medium kk?

PhormictopusMan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I put mine in a tall ten gallon. Its a beautiful spider and will come out at night and roam the enclosure. It will also go for months without making an appearance. She made a tube along the back and then pressed substrate against it for camouflage. I do recommend that you put her in a large enclosure when adult. A small one will just be a mass of web chambers and you wont see her. In a large tank she will keep her retreat small and will actually use the space to hunt.

--Chris

NinjaPirate

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have mine in a regular 10G with an assortment of climbables and it's pretty much the same story. Tube-web covered in coco-fiber in the corner of the tank, often she her moseying out to the water dish or looking for food or just cruising the town.