t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i live in israel and i have'nt been keeping scorps for very long
i only keepet
1)scorpio maurus
2)buthotus judaicus
(both are w\c )
the thing is i bought this book on israels scorps and it got me all exited cause in my opinion we have some interesting speicies

so i am planning a trip to the negev(desert) and the galil(montains)
and my book said i could find these scorps there and id like to know if they are dangerus or if i can keep them cause i dont want to be messing with deadly scorps

1)buthus israelis
2)androctonus crassicauda
3)androctonus bicolor
4)androctonus australis
5)leiurus q. hebraeus

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah you guys defenitly have some great scorps. Try and post some pictures if you can off what you catch good luck finding.:)

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Greetings,

May you reference the book you speak of.

Whatever genus/species you find you will need to take the most precaution when searching/collecting and in keeping !

Sinc. Chad

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
While no scorpion should really be considered deadly to a healthy adult, the ones you have mentioned there are all quite hot. You may not die, but they can cause severe systemic effects and a sting can be most unpleasant. As Chad says, please be very cautious with scorpions.

Cheers,
Dave

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the book is in hebrew so i dont think it will be of use for you guys
its an enceqlopedia on israels scorps , spiders ,and other members of the famly
it does have pictures of all the invert but i dont think i can post pics from the book can i?
i hope ill have a sucsesful hunt its planed for after i come back from a vecation with my parents in the us will be there for two weeks and hope to be able to catch some snakes,tarantulas,acorps .
can any body tell me what i would find in the nevada area

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This site. provides a list of scorpion species by State. As for the book in Hebrew, I would still like the reference ... title, author etc. etc. You can't post a book without copyright violation, though you could scan the cover or title page and post those, as you can't exactly copy out hebrew script to the forum. I may end up actualy trying to track down a copy, as I have several hebrew literate friends who could do some translation for me.

Cheers,
Dave

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, that's awesome! You are able to see many of the scorpions that are prized in the US in their natural environment.

Does any one know if the genus Buthotus changed to Hottentotta? I've ran across the name a few times in some older texts; however, I couldn't find the genus listed in the files.

I would be interested in finding a copy as well. Please post the info.

W. Smith

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yes

Buthotus is the old name for the genus Hottentotta.

Eurypterid

Arachnerd
Old Timer
Hmmm. Not sure that's the same one. The one listed on the Scorpion Files is published in English, not in Hebrew. It sounds like an even better one though. Maybe it's just a later edition.

Gary

Last edited:

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry i forgot this is the name:

ill try to translate the name:
the animals and plants of israel

it has a few vol every one covers another famly(arachnid)

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only read book that has pop-up pictures...:D

By the way...becareful of land mines man...they are more hotter than any scorps in Israel.

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dont belive everything you here
where i live there wasnt even one event nothing
not even shoting