Trap door Q.....

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Real simple Q, how long before my trap door starts to make a trap? just got it yesterday, i and still nothing, i know it needs deep enough substrate in order to do so, which it has, just wondering is all.

cabey0201

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sometimes it takes a while for them to settle in and burrow. My malaynus took about two weeks if I remember correctly. Also, you should probably repost this in the true spiders section. You'll have a much better chance of getting some good info.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I started a little burrow for mine under a stick which was the only feature in the jar. She took to the burrow within a couple of days but didn't really make a trapdoor or expand the burrow for a couple of weeks. Even now it's only a few inches deep. She never made a deep, long burrow like i'd heard about.

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
everywhere ive read(i wanted/want one for a while now) they take about two weeks to settle down and then start to burrow and will make a burrow only a little bit longer than theyre body and you should also make sure you have provided short twigs, pieces of moss and leaves etc for it to use to build itself a cover for its burrow rather than it just having the coir substrate or whatever, they prefer to camouflage their burrow. it may start to burrow quicker and feel more comfortable if yo start a burrow just a shallow pit where you want the burrow, then you have it where you want it and it helps it out a bit.

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dug a little hole and it took the bait, cool thnks all hiding now.