Poecilotheria whats happening here??

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cherrs to all!
Some months ago i bought this poke, i dont know if its a WC or CB.
The last coupple of days shes been making a lot of webbing, and last night it looked like this:

As you can see she has made this ball, and shes cought in it. I know she will be able to get out of there, so no worries there.
Actualy my Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens made the same "ball" When she made her cocoon. And im thinking are this girl going to make a cocoon aswell?? Or is she going to moult or whats going on:?

Iwe breed Pokes before, but i have never seen them do this before.

Im hoping someone can give me an answer, to what shes doing.

Regards Mikael

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
with all that webbing id say shes gearing up for an eggsac

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I suspected that aswell, but i just cant get in contact with the guy i bought it from, to find out if it have been mated, or if its WC.

Anybody who have had Pokes making an unfertilised cocoon?? No one i talked to, have had that happen to them.

Regards Mikael

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive never had any of my poecs create phantom eggsacs.not to say that it isnt possible tho.i just dont think its very common.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have seen them molt in a structure like that, and I have seen them drop sacs in structures like that. Guess time will tell!
Does she look big enough to be gravid?
Here is another trick, when you catch her up on the side of the glass shine a flashlight on the underside of her abdomen. You should be able to see eggs forming inside her if she is indeed gravid.

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A little update:
This morning

When i came home from work

Now its just to keep the fingers crossed, and hope she is a WC specimen.

Regards Mikael

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I suspected that aswell, but i just cant get in contact with the guy i bought it from, to find out if it have been mated, or if its WC.

Anybody who have had Pokes making an unfertilised cocoon?? No one i talked to, have had that happen to them.

Regards Mikael
I believe Ray Gabriel has had P.smithi construct "phantom" egg sacs.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have had P. fasciata drop an unfertilized eggsac. She mated once then molted. It was after her molt she dropped the eggsac. After just a short time (one or two weeks) I checked on her and she had consumed the eggsac.

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for all the answers.
Well i cant get a hold of the guy i bougt it from, so I guess i just have to wait and see what happens. But im still crossing my fingers that she is a WC animal.

The funnyest (or sadest:? ) thing is, that in the enclosure next to this spider is a P regalis i know is mated, and next door on the other side, a P striata who are mated aswell ( i know i watced the matings myself).... Offcource none of them are making sacs, so the spider i least expected to make a sac did, and its probably infertile :wall: Well thats just the way life is :rolleyes:

Regards Mikael

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You never know. It could be a good sac. Just stay positive. :)

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A little update, i removed the sack today here are some pictures of the eggs:

Regards Mikael

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They look infertile to me. But keep them till they start to desiccate just in case.