Info on Bufo alvarius

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Anyone have any caresheets or anything on these guys? What is a good price for them? I am interested in a huge frog/toad, and they definitely fit the bill.

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
google them for care info, ive seen babies for 40-50 on kingsnake, 6-7 years ago a guy that was set-up next to us at hamburg was selling huge adults for 100-150. Dont be stupid and try to smoke there poison, it can kill you or put you in a retarded state of mind for th rest of your life!

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
xchrondrox: Its kinda funny when I see people interested in these I always wonder what their intentions are! That being said, they are awesome looking large toads.

I'd do a dry soil setup, probably at the least 50 gallons for 1 or 2....water bowl and some hides.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is 2 chemicals in this toad that cause hallucinogenic properties. One being 5-Me0-DMT and the other being bufotenin. Maybe people kill them and dry the skin then smoke it. This works but is pointless seeing how the poison can be extracted without harming the toad. This is one of the only toads, if not the only one, that has 5-Me0-DMT in its poison, which is a very powerful hallucinogen, relatively safe if used properly, but can be very dangerous if combined with an MAOI. That being said there is other chemicals in toad poison and it IS a POISON used by the toad to defend itself from predators. It has the potential to cause health problems and kill both people and animals. However, it wont leave you being "goofy" for the rest of your life, 5-Me0-DMT is fast acting and its effects do not last long.

That being said this is a beautiful species and very interesting. Enjoy it for its beauty no need to abuse it to enjoy it. If you get one keep it away from small children and pets and wash hands regular, avoid touching membranes, etc.
Cheers

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
some dufusses tried it with B.murinus here in fl. Darwin took effect