Euathlus Sp. T's

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so weekend before last i went to a reptile show and came back with a new family member...a Euathlus sp. "fire"...she's an adult female a little bigger than a quarter and as docile as the day is long...i'm usually not one for handling T's but this little girl is just so sweet i can't help myself lol:)

but my question is this...are all the Euathlus sp. so small and friendly? i ask because i've seen a few other species for sale and i'm thinking about getting a few...but i only want em if they're kind of like this girl that i have...maybe that makes me shallow but again...i can't help myself:D...i'm totally sold on the whole "dwarf" tarantula thing now hehe

thanks
Harvey

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that the Euathlus pulcherrimuklaasi is not a dwarf.

Art

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
From what I've read E. vulpinus is a little bigger, and not so friendly. E. truculentus also gets a little larger, 4-5", but it is very docile. From what I understand E. sp "Red" or "Fire" can get about a 4" legspan, so maybe yours is not mature yet.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have several Euathlus slings and so far the E vulpinus is by far the calmest.
My E. truculentus is not really spaztic but everytime I open the deli cup, it walks around non stop, not really in a freaking out sort of way tho.
They are still slings, so we will see how they are in a few years:D

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, your Euathlus sp. "fire" isn't mature.
If i'm not mistaken, Euathlus sp. "fire" and Euathlus sp. "Red" are the same thing, and i have 6 sub-adults/adult E. spec. "red", between 6-8cm legspan, and females max out around 10cm (4") from what I hear. Got a pic of one of mine in my picture thread in the other forum---
-=ICM=-

rikitiktak

Arachnopeon
Euathlus sp

Morning Sirs/Madames;

My name is ricky dizon and i'm from manila, philippines. i"m also new in the hobby for a year now, just recently i acquired from a friend who came fro peru a pair of 1 inch DLS "Euathlus sp. red"......... about a month and a half yesterday they molted and i noticed the supposed male already have hooks, they are about 1.25 inches now (3cm), are they matured already? attached are the pictures - sorry for poor quality i only have a phone cam

CIMG0002.JPG CIMG0001.JPG

would appreciate anyone's reply or comment in this regard, thank you very much.