Where to collect scorpions in Georgia?

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am in Northwest Georgia and not too bad far from Alabama where would be a good place to collect some native scorpions ? I have not seen many here where I am at. One of the largest I have seen was found under a railroad cross tie while looking for fish bait. The soil was real moist and humid. I do not have access to this property any more though.

John

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The best place to find scorps no matter what state ive hunted them in is under rocks for desert species or wood such as inside hollowed logs under plywood etc for forest/savannah species. However thats just where I seem to find them. In northern/central FL and outwest in CA. Im sure however that other species around the world can be found in different surroundings, but I'd start with that. I wouldnt ever expect to find one near a railroad, in my opinion the vibrations should scare em off, but if you found them there before check again, just be carefull. Still have yet to find any in Central FL.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!!!{D

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where is FT. Gordon? I maybe looking in the wrong places do ou think a black light at night may help?

John

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You should be able to find a lot of Vaejovis carolinianus. I know they are being found in La Grange like crazy, I don't know how far you are from there. If you happen to find any, please let me know, I need some from around there for a study.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lagrange is at least 1 hour and 30 minutes away from me. I go through alot when I go on family vacations down to Florida.

John