Whats a good burrower?

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kinds of Ts burrow a lot? personally, I had a c. crawshayi that made this giant burrow. What other Ts burrow?

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I like my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus. They come out every once in a while.

Fred

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The haplopelma genus is pretty well known among the burrowing varieties. People seem to love them because of their markings and their legendary aggression. IME they're not really all they're cracked up to be though, mostly because they're a little tricky to care for on the humidity side and their extremely pet-holish. Plus the only time i've really seen one get mean is when i'm digging it up and yanking it from its home. Who wouldn't be a little fussy?

I think H gigas is a good one, pretty active as burrowers go. Also look at E pachypus (very small species) or any of the Ceratogyrus (horned baboons). Chilobrachys are nice but similar to haplopelma in many ways.

Generally speaking, i'm finding lately that the African burrowers are a little more interesting than the asian ones.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The haplopelma genus is pretty well known among the burrowing varieties. People seem to love them because of their markings and their legendary aggression. IME they're not really all they're cracked up to be though, mostly because they're a little tricky to care for on the humidity side and their extremely pet-holish. Plus the only time i've really seen one get mean is when i'm digging it up and yanking it from its home. Who wouldn't be a little fussy?

I think H gigas is a good one, pretty active as burrowers go. Also look at E pachypus (very small species) or any of the Ceratogyrus (horned baboons). Chilobrachys are nice but similar to haplopelma in many ways.

Generally speaking, i'm finding lately that the African burrowers are a little more interesting than the asian ones.
EXACTLY what he said. Terribly overrated.

deathfingers66

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hands down the best burrower is Hysterocrates scepticus "Sao Tome Giant",I have a large collection I own a wide variety of,Chilobrachys sp. Haplopelma sp., Orinthoctonus sp.,Citharischius crawshayi,I have alot of the new aussie T's, they aren't full grown yet,but some of the slings are incredible burrowers.H.scepticus is amazing at burrowing,they build the deepest burrows,and move dirt at alarming rates,I have various sizes of these.Something that amazed me when I got a sling of one of these,when I first transfered it from vial to deli-cup,as I was walking from my transfer area to spider-room,when I got to spider-room sling had already burrowed its-self( to where it was unseen).