My new female 10"+ T. Blondi (Pics) MASSIVE!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I received my 10"+ female T. Blondi from Paul this morning. She is huge! Biggest head I've seen on a spider. Just enormous! Have another one on the way that may rival this one in size...we'll see tomorrow!

Here's some pics:

(I'm a big 270lb guy so I don't have little hands)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
(I'm a big 270lb guy so I don't have little hands)
That may be true, but I doubt you have 10" hands. :rolleyes:
That girl looks 8-9" at best.
Congrats on your new addition.

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice looking girl! Looks like all your fingers are still there (on one hand anyway :D ), she let you handle her ok?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That may be true, but I doubt you have 10" hands. :rolleyes:
That girl looks 8-9" at best.
Congrats on your new addition.
My other Blondi is right at 9" and this new one is certainly larger - her head especially. I am going to get a ruler measurement on her in a few minutes. Just wanted her to calm down a bit first. Any advice or techniques for getting them to stretch out for an accurate measurement? She insists on moving around alot and sitting with her legs scrunched up...when I measured her that way she was 8" without her legs extended. Her body is almost 4" long... Ryan, I'm not saying you're wrong - I know you're good at sizing them up...she is a thick girl though...also, what's the best way to tell if a Blondi is about to molt? I have a hard time with these girls...her abdomen is a dark reddish-brown where the hairs have been kicked off (mostly dark brown but with a reddish tint)...rob

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Its better to go by the size of the tile most tiles are 12"X12" so 10" seems to be fairly accurate
Yeah, that's about what they are...I tried to get a good pic with her stretched out on one but she kept running away. :D She's fairly speedy for such a large girl...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My other Blondi is right at 9" and this new one is certainly larger - her head especially. I am going to get a ruler measurement on her in a few minutes. Just wanted her to calm down a bit first. Any advice or techniques for getting them to stretch out for an accurate measurement? She insists on moving around alot and sitting with her legs scrunched up...when I measured her that way she was 8" without her legs extended. Her body is almost 4" long... Ryan, I'm not saying you're wrong - I know you're good at sizing them up...she is a thick girl though...also, what's the best way to tell if a Blondi is about to molt? I have a hard time with these girls...her abdomen is a dark reddish-brown where the hairs have been kicked off (mostly dark brown but with a reddish tint)...rob
I am goating you more then anything else. But I'd still love to see more shots. She is a cool new addition!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
...also, what's the best way to tell if a Blondi is about to molt? I have a hard time with these girls...her abdomen is a dark reddish-brown where the hairs have been kicked off (mostly dark brown but with a reddish tint)...rob

The bald spot will turn black like any other species. If she stops eating and you see it getting darker, then you know a moult is coming. She's a very nice looking girl, congrats!

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe if you ask her nicely to pose out for you.
That's a big girl you got there, Buddy. What you gonna feed her? Hope you got a bunch of roaches to feed, cause criks aren't gonna cut it.
Very nice addition to your collection.
Enjoy!

Fredster
Lean, not as mean
Still, US Marine.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The bald spot will turn black like any other species. If she stops eating and you see it getting darker, then you know a moult is coming. She's a very nice looking girl, congrats!
I looked at her a bit more closely and the top half where she just kicked some hairs is jet black shiny black, but real far down it is a bit lighter. With the blondi's I have had, there abdomen got a grayish tint not dark at all and they molted. Well this girl is a eating machine.....grabbed a roach in mid air:D . My other blondi that molted ate the day before......I must have wierd Blondi's....rob

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am goating you more then anything else. But I'd still love to see more shots. She is a cool new addition!
I know you are.....I have another big female coming tommorow.....I think as big maybe bigger.....this girl is just thick.....My L.p who is 10" has no where near that much thickness. Well she is eating then I am going to get some more pics.......rob

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice looking girl! Looks like all your fingers are still there (on one hand anyway :D ), she let you handle her ok?
she was very docile, I was trying to get her to stretch out and she never put up a threat pose, not once. I tried to hold her but I am very susectable to those hairs and i don't know how she acts (runs, skittish) so i didn't want to hold her to much. She did crawl right over my hands with no aggression.......rob

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Maybe if you ask her nicely to pose out for you.
That's a big girl you got there, Buddy. What you gonna feed her? Hope you got a bunch of roaches to feed, cause criks aren't gonna cut it.
Very nice addition to your collection.
Enjoy!

Fredster
Lean, not as mean
Still, US Marine.
i just got 100 free roaches....so she is set, I do feed my Large T's a variety of prey items......invertabrates once every 2 months.....not to often on invertabrates (high calcium). I also feed locust, grasshoppers, large moths, 3 different kinds of roaches ECT. She loves her enclosure.....she has plenty of room......rob

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At least give us a pic of a ruler on the tile, to measure the tile :):)

hehe

I'm sure we can tell if she's pre-moltin' if you get a shot of her abdomen, as well.

But by all means get us a clear shot of her next to a ruler, will look forward to that!

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
NICE girl Rob!!!! Very impressive!!! =D She'll look so much nicer when shes fattened up too! =D I cant wait to see more pics!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
At least give us a pic of a ruler on the tile, to measure the tile :):)

hehe

I'm sure we can tell if she's pre-moltin' if you get a shot of her abdomen, as well.

But by all means get us a clear shot of her next to a ruler, will look forward to that!
I was a little off on the Tile. It looks to be 9" and 12" diagonally....but in the one pic with my hand she would and did surpass the tile (she surpassed the tile length wise when she was moving & I didn't get the pic)....so I would guess a little bigger/smaller than 10"....but either way a big T.

here are some ruler pics:

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hot!!

she's beautiful!! Hope you got a good deal!

Getting a new pet is grrrreat! Congrats