How Do ????

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How Do pink toes molt if they spend all that time in the air ?? Just wondering cuz I have one, will they molt on the floor like normal T'z or how do they do it ??

Sam,

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man thats sounds cool, I can't wait for mine to molt then. :D Does anybody have pics ??

Sam,

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hard to get pics because they web like crazy before a molt and you can just make out shapes through the web

Telson

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hehe

Kinda kewl when they kick the molt out of the funnel too. Like housecleaning! :D

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sounds very cool, I can't wait till my molts, I wanna see him throw his molt out.

Sam,

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, they molt in a kind of tunnel/hammock web they build.

Andy

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they dont grow that big hey? I dont think mine is gonna moult for a long time..its already about 3"

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine is bout that size to. Is that full grown size for them ???

Sam,

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i don't believe it's full grown, I saw an avic avic that was about 6" at our local spider party...

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nah its still a juv it still has a few more inches to grow before it comes a adult

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
RE MOLTING

I posted pics on page 20 of this forum titled A.vic web tunnels, hops this helps

Later

WIlliam

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They don't always build a funnel web, but they will build a web to molt on. Even if they don't build a web as an every-day hide, they will for sure build a web when a molt is coming.

At 3", an Avic (unless it's a minatrix), still has some growing to do. Average size for the average Avic is 4-5". A couple of them get larger though, like the urticans and the braunshauseni.

Hopefully your Avic will build a web to where you can still see it, maybe even see it molt. Good luck, and have fun with your Avic.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My avic (ulrichea) hasn't done any webbing. And he just molted on the floor ...

Dennis

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
My avic (ulrichea) hasn't done any webbing. And he just molted on the floor ...

Dennis

Ya know, just when you think you've got a species of T's kinda figured out, they go and prove you wrong.

I have honestly never seen one of my Avic's that have not built a web to molt on.

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics, How long does it take them to make this web ??

Sam,

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Once they get started on a web, they usually spend a few nights making it. They usually do it a little at a time until their done.

I've got an A. avic right now that is building a new web, she has been working on it for 3-4 days.

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so when starts making a web is he gonna molt ??

Sam,