TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ok I will start off with my new ones.

First is my 3/4" P. Regalis who is missing a leg. But is still a little beauty

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Next Up is my new baby Suntiger that is about 1" Its not the best pic but any disturbances and she will bolt back into the web making any pictures impossible

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Next up is my Cameroon Red Baboon (H. Gigas) One thing about this Tarantula is pictures do NOT do it justice, in person this girl is a chocolate brown very velvet looking and is pretty big, she was sold to me as 4" but she is bigger than that prob 5 - 6" I couldnt get a good shot as she has hidden herself under the fake plant i have in there. Anyways heres the pic

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ok now onto Pre molt and post molt pics. First I will post my white knee before and after

BEFORE

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
AFTER

Grew quite a bit also havent gotten a measure yet but she was 2 1/2" I would say she is just over 3" now

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
And now my Costa Rican Zebra (A. Seemani)

BEFORE

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
AFTER

I love the color change, light brown to a nice dark brown

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Oops I forgot this little one! This is my New Avicularia Aurantiaca a.k.a Avicularia magdalena and Avicularia juruensis. I believe this is right anyways here is a pic she is only 1" but very cute

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
only 2 more pics to go. Here is a pic of my Togo, she came out while I was taking pics of the new ones so i decided to snap one of her. She is about 3 1/4"

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That gigas looks an awful bit dry...I would soak all of the substrate (they love it) and provide enough for a deep burrow.

Jake

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ok and here is the last. This is more of a question then a pic.

This is the molt from my A. Seemani in the other pics. Im just curious if someone can sex it for me. I think its female but I want some other peoples opinions

thnx

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
The Gigas is in a 5 Gallon tank with it a little more than half full, there is enough for her to burrow if she decides to. I did mist after the picture but I dont like soaking the substrate cause that only leads to problems, but I will make sure to keep the humidity up.

peace

TheDon

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice Spiders..your A.seemanni...100% positive it's female...peace..

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds good:D

I keep my girl in a 5 gallon as well...she's close to 8" when stretched out.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
100% female

just what I wanted to hear, I was thinking female when I looked at the molt but wanted to make sure

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
Oops I forgot this little one! This is my New Avicularia Aurantiaca a.k.a Avicularia magdalena and Avicularia juruensis. I believe this is right anyways here is a pic she is only 1" but very cute
Aww! She is indeed!

What kind of a container do you have her in - the one she came with? And has she webbed up already?

When did she arrive?

Greensleeves

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
All the new ones arrived August 5th and that is a large pill bottle the regalis and the Avic is in. They came in small containers and I moved them into those. Yes The Avic started webbing up like an hour after she was in it. Also the regalis didnt like getting moved to much, when I opened the container she ran up my arm to my elbow and then stopped at which time i got her back in to the container. Small containers are better for them at this size, I have noticed that when they are in this type of container they tend to web it up alot, but when moved to larger containers like the smallest critter keeper they dont so much, a good example is my Versicolor who had an amazing double opening tube web in her old pill bottle but now she has been moved to a mini kritter keeper and she has webbed too much yet, only in the corner.

peace

TheDon

Last edited:

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
All the new ones arrived August 5th and that is a large pill bottle the regalis and the Avic is in. They came in small containers and I moved them into those. Yes The Avic started webbing up like an hour after she was in it. Also the regalis didnt like getting moved to much, when I opened the container she ran up my arm to my elbow and then stopped at which time i got her back in to the container.
I still have my avic. geroldi in the little plastic cup he came in, but I gave him some plastic toy thingies with no sharp edges for him to perch on and web up.

I'm worried if I put him in a spice bottle I'd never get him back in after he came out to explore. ;)

Greensleeves

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Here is a picture of the webbing from the side in the Avics Pill bottle, the pic of the T sux but im only posting this for the web.